Chapter 13

Italy, Romano and their Capital Rome came rushing in seconds before the meeting could start as usual when the meeting was across seas. The meeting room was abuzz, full of questions like 'what was going on?', 'Why did the few Capital personifications need to be here?' and the one on every ones mind, excepting the few who knew of course. 

'Where was D.C.?'

The cheerful Capital was no where in sight, and even more shocking America was actually running the meeting. Standing at the front of the room, America wore a very stoic icy mask. Once the quiet chatter stopped, the American spoke.

"You no doubt wondering why you were all called here so soon after the last world meeting, as well as why the capitals are here yet D.C. isn't. The answer is very simple, D.C. was attacked on his way back from the last word meeting held in Italy. It didn't seem to be much of an attack just a small cut from a dagger that had buried itself in his back, most likely thrown from a distance. Turns out that dagger had been coated with enough poison to take down twenty men, but due to Sam's more resistant immune system the effects didn't kick in until later during the flight back. By the time his flight had arrived, according to the airport staff he could barley stand on his own. But he still somehow slipped by them, and arrived home around ten that night. Where he fell into a coma like state. What we have found out is the source of the poison came from a thought to have been destroyed species of plant, this knowledge came from London who will explain the rest."

Nodding the gangly Brit took Americas place, holding up the dagger he said in a calm voice.

"The dagger used to preform this would be murder, was in fact one in a set of seven blades I myself made long ago. I would like to clarify to my friends we are not accusing you of the murder,"

London locked eyes with someone in the room, an unspoken message passed between the two before the Brit continued.

"but if you have any information on either the hidden remains of that plant, or if the dagger I gave you all as a gift was stolen recently. That would be very helpful, seeing as I sure America doesn't plan to just let this act go without justice."

Once again, London locked eyes with that person from before. 

"America also asks for his fellow countries cooperation it the solving of this still possible murder, that is all..."

The meeting room was set ablaze, you couldn't here yourself think in all that noise. The Capitals all grouped together in the back, Chris gave Charlie a disappointed look.

"You don't really believe one of us could have done this, granted we've all seen and been in wars in the past. But straight up murder?"

London quickly waved him off, 

"Of course not, it's very likely that one of the dagger was simply stolen in order to frame one of your homes. I mean come on, we don't exactly scream Murderer now do we?"

Turing to their friend who had come in late, Charlie smiled.

"Do we Giovanni?"

Quickly shaking his head, the Italian said

"No way, and actually my dagger went missing from my room the day of the world meeting a few days ago. You think I could get that back soon? It was a very special gift after all."

"I don't know be honest, maybe you can get it back after America tracks down the would be killer... though personally I doubt it, maybe if that plant could be found and the cure was made would make him give it back... I'll ask him about it later."

Glancing at the clock, Charlie chuckled. Ruffling Safira's hair lightly, he walked toward the southern door.

"Excuse me, I just remember an important call I have to make."

(To be continued...)