Chapter 21

Laughing the girl smiled at the figure sitting across from her, 

"Your so silly, how could you possibly be any weirder then me."

Giggling the figure smiled slyly, sipping tea as they studied the girls eyes.

"Oh I don't know poppet, years and years and years of practice I suppose."

Sighing contently, she leaned back into her chair. Kicking her legs out slightly in a restless fashion, she kept glancing around.

"Something troubling you?"

The figure asked, snapping back to the present she rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly.

"Sorry, I'm just worried about Sam. He doesn't look like he's doing to well, are you sure it was such a good idea bringing him here Oliver?"

The figure in the mirror only laughed, with a comforting smile he said warmly.

"Of course, of course. Just trust me poppet and everything will be fine."

Rubbing her shoulder, she looked over at her dear older brother again. Breathing raggedly, D.C. shook under the pile of blankets she'd buried him in. Clearing his throat to get him to her attention, Oliver locked eyes with her.

"You do trust me... don't you poppet?"

He asked slowly, the poisonous pink  swirl starting to spin in his baby blue eyes. Slowly they started to swirl in her eyes as well, eyelids lowering she said in a dazed voice.

"Oh course... I trust you."

The pink faded from his eyes then, smiling more like a normal person he said in more pleasant voice.

"That's good, now you were telling me the most charming story earlier."

Snapping out of it she grinned again, refilling the cup she'd set in front of the mirror.

"Oh that's right, actually it was the story about why America thought I'd be the best of all of us to watch the mirror. I was so surprised to find out there was some one actually inside that mirror."

Placing a hand on the side of his face, Oliver blushed.

"Oh poppet, you still remember how we first met."

"Well duh, how could I not remember."

As they continued to talk and laugh, D.C. managed to open his eyes slightly. Slowly the glassy eyes glanced over at the talking pair, his eye's widen slightly upon seeing who was in the mirror. Oliver seemed to notice someone other then the girl looking at him and looked over at the Capital. Smiling in a dark way, Oliver narrowed his eyes with a smug look on his face. His voice then rang though the Capitals head.

'Well, look who's finally awake... sleep well I trust?'

'What are you doing here, didn't America take care of you?'

'Oh he did he did, I couldn't leave this mirror my myself if I tried. Luckily for me though, he did leave me with the most charming company. I trust you feel the same about Sarah?'

It couldn't be true, but when D.C. finally found the engery to turn his head enough to see (much to his horror) the girl was indeed Minnesota, better know to the other American personifications as Sarah. 

'You'd better not hurt her!'

'Why would I? She's been so helpful, after all. And such a good listener to boot, I'm surprised you lot leave her on her own so often, though her talking to herself in the mirror did wake me up after all so I am grateful in that regard.'

"You got something on your mind Oliver? You seem kinda out of it..."

Jumping slightly, Oliver juggled the tea cup he hadn't meant to throw in the air. Catching it with a relived sigh, Oliver gave the giggling girl a look.

"Am I really that amusing then, poppet?"

Smiling Sarah only nodded saying.

"Yes, yes you are. I wouldn't have laughed if you'd doused yourself in hot tea though. You're almost never this distracted, so I was worried something was wrong."

Smiling at her, before turning back to D.C. Oliver he said.

"Couldn't be better, poppet. Don't worry about me, I'm not as weak as some others I could mention..."

Glaring weakly at Oliver, D.C. felt his eye lids growing heavier, cursing himself mentally as he slipped back into the darkness. 

'Don't worry about your dear sister, I wouldn't harm a hair on her darling  head... it would be pointless, and finding a new vessel would take to long.'

'What are you going to do to her, you monster...'

D.C. thought angrily, Oliver laugher sent a chill down his spine.

'I can't tell you that now it would ruin the surprise, besides with you out of the way there will be no one left to stand in my way.'

(To be continued...)

(Sarah is based off a friend of mine who sadly isn't around anymore )