Chapter 34

As they were making swift arrangements to get back to Minnie's place, England remembered something they needed to insure the safety of the soul exchange. Telling America he'd meet up with them at the States house, the Brit had rushed off before Alfred had a chance to ask him what it was. 

His eyes gleaming with excitement, England walked as calmly as he could to the hidden pier a few miles north of his home. Well to a normal person it was a few miles, but that was the results of a spell made long ago to keep the old ship safe while they were hiding from the government. Though he'd retired from his pirating way long ago, England hadn't had the heart to sink the queen of the sea. Especially not considering the only key to the 2p's resting within his old ship.

Unable to ignore the familiar rush at the sound of his footsteps thumping on deck, England felt his left eye close sub-concisely as he opened the rotting door to his old cabin. A dark grin slowly grew across his face as the the former pirate ran his hand across the familiar nicks and stains on the surface of his old desk, memories of what had caused the... unusual design flooded his mind. 

Shaking his head to clear it, Arthur grimaced at the fact he'd once again gotten drag into the past by the ships spirit. That's why England always avoided this place, but he had come here for a reason. Moving around the desk to unlock and open the top drawer, Arthur smiled at the fact the pocket watch had remained as untouched by time as ever.

Aligning the three sun stone shards to mirror the placement of the matching moon stone. England muttered a spell under his breath. The air in the cabin grew still and cold, the broken mirror in the corner briefly held the smirking figure before England pressed the button to open the watch. 

Mist poured from the mirror, but England didn't even flinch as the shadowy figure stepped out of the mirror. With each echoing step they took, the ship began to look more like it had in it's prime. By the time they finally stood before England, towering over him by at nearly two feet, the country could almost smell the salty air from the freshly lacquered open window. After a few moments of staring coolly down at the blond, the brunette finally broke with an amused smile.

"Is it just me... or did ye get shorter?"

Scowling at the now laughing pirate, England rolled his eyes in good humor.

"Oh, SHUT YER YAP! You dare speak to yer Captain in such a tone... who do ye think ye are?"

One eye glinting with a proud mischief, the brunette took a step back to give the country a mock bow.

"I be the demon rouge of the seven seas, Samuel Jones, master of dark magic and the former Capital of England! I do what aye like, Captain... It's good to see you again Arthur."

Losing his pirate accent for his former one, Samuel smiled warmly at England as he sat down on the desk. 

"This isn't a social call I'm sure, I know well enough what this old ship does to you. You need my help with something then?"

The former London asked calmly, brushing some stray dust from his hat. Arthur nodded, checking the cycle on the watch.

"The 2p's have found away to escape the mirror, one of America's States was soul swapped to take Oliver's place within the mirror."

Tensing at the mention of the name, Samuel gave a tired sigh. Pushing back his patch to roll his two toned eyes, the third London muttered.

"Oh course it would be that one...  you know I'll need to able to touch the mirror the complete the exchange."

Nodding Arthur held out the watch, which Samuel took. Allowing his appearance to wash away into something more modern, the former Capital winked at his country. 

"Come on, we've got a date with a madman after all. It would be terribly rude to show up late, so shall we?"

Holding out his hand, which England gripped as Samuel's right eye began to glow. Remembering the pranks they used to play on France back when the former capital had learned to teleport, England couldn't resist laughing when America screamed in fear at their sudden appearance.

"DUDE WHO THE HELL IS THAT!?"

(To be continued...)