; 13

Ashe ,

"He called the cops."

Realization had hit me, and for the first time — In a very long time, I was terrified. I didn't want to end up like the rest of my cousins, and most of my family, coming inside and outside of jail like it was a hotel inn.

Nash looked at me, mouthing the words: "They're outside the door."

I closed my eyes, hoping to the god that I once prayed to during the events of my mother's accident that I wouldn't be locked up for long.

Three harsh knocks hit the wood of the bedroom door, silencing the room. Hayes got up, and nervously trudged over to the door.

He opened it and peaked his head out. "Can I help you officer?"

I gulped, wondering if I should stay here sitting like a shaking lunatic or find somewhere to hide. I looked over to Nash nervously.

"What do I do?" I mouthed to him.

"Stay calm." Nash mouthed.

"Son, we need you to open the door." A gravelly voice spoke to Hayes.

Hayes looked back towards Nash and I, speaking with both confidence and courage. "I don't think I can do that."

A boot was footed between the door and Hayes, trying to make it's way in. I panicked, standing up from the bed and pacing around the room.

"We're not going to arrest your sister, Son. We just have to ask some questions," A different raucous voice told Hayes.

This had caught my attention, seeing that I wouldn't be arrested. I walked over to Hayes, grabbing his shoulder and giving him a look of assurance.

"I'll be alright," I whispered, giving him a hug. I looked towards the officers, and Chad standing in front of the door way.

"Ask all the questions you want."

"Your name is Ashe Gomez, correct?" The officer with the gravelly voice asked.

"Yes." I answered shortly.

"Okay Ashe, would you like to tell me in what event Chad Grier provoked and or grabbed, hit or physically touched you."

The question sent me into overdrive. I knew what this was. I was going to get arrested for hitting a supposed innocent. "He didn't."

"He didn't what, ma'am?" The officer asked. I read his tag, his name was Officer Rodriguez.

"Chad Grier did not hit, touch or physically hurt me." I stated, knowing I should own up to my actions.

I heard chad let out a laugh, making me look up.

"What?"

"Nothing. . . It's just, you look exactly like your mother. She seems innocent, but on the inside — She's one cold hearted bitch." Chad flat out said.

I clenched my fists, shaking my head and closing my eyes. "How long will I be arrested for?"

"Who said you were going to be arrested?" The officer on the side questioned. I then took the time to read his name-tag, which read Officer Jimenez.

"No one. I'm just asking, it seems like I'm being interrogated." I mumbled, hoping I didn't give myself away.

"Well, Chad Grier made a statement that says you hit him and even threw hot soup on him for making some absurd statements about your mother, is that true?" Officer Jimenez asked, looking at my features to see if I give away any guilt.

I had no guilt for that sick bastard. He had it coming.

"The statements weren't absurd, sir. They were true," Chad mumbled.

"Would you shut the fuck up?" I mumbled, clenching my jaw. I knew what he was doing — Chad was trying to rile me up, knowing that I have problems dealings with anger.

Officer Jimenez and Officer Rodriguez studied me, writing down a few things on their notebooks' that they were each holding.

"What was your mother's name? If you don't mind me asking." Officer Jimenez asked.

"Christina Rosa Gomez, she changed her last name from my dad's and so did I." I told him grimly.

"What was your original last name?" Officer Rodriguez asked.

"Ashe Guzmán," I told him, smirking at his reaction.

"What was your father's first name?"

"Joaquín. Why are you asking all these unnecessary questions?" I asked the officer, keeping my voice flat.

"What did your father professionalize in?" Officer Jimenez stepped in, ignoring my question.

"He was a famous boxer."

"Is that all?"

"Yes. God damn! That's what I knew he worked in, he was gone all night but in the house all day. Now, Can you please stop with these questions, please?" I asked both of the officers, finished with answering questions about my father. I hated remembering him.

"Why are you being so quick to anger Ashe? Something you're hiding?" Officer Rodriguez countered.

"No, I told you about my father — which is complete shit to this case or whatever, you haven't even asked me questions about my side of the story." I huffed.

I looked behind me to see Nash and Hayes turn wide eyed, I looked back to the officers, seeing them both point a gun at my body.

I froze. "What did I do?"

"It's not what you did sweetheart, It's what your dad did," Officer Jimenez smirked, quickly grabbing me and putting me over his shoulder. I screamed in fear, hitting his backside with everything I had in me as he ran down the stairs, Officer Rodriguez trailing behind him.

Nash and Hayes screamed for me, and even Chad did a little too. But they were nothing but mere whispers when I was carried out of the house, the front door being shut behind me.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, trying to squirm my way out of their grip. I figured I should stop trying, seeing that I wouldn't want to be the dumb white girl who dies first in the movies — I was Latina after all, I could figure my way out of this.

"To see an old friend of yours. Or should I say old family member." Officer Jimenez chuckled, shoving me into a white van and closing the door. He got in and Rodriguez sped off, Nash Hayes and Chad hot on their heels. I sighed, knowing they wouldn't be able to find me soon.

"My mom's gonna karate chop your ass straight to hell when I find a way to kill you." I mumbled, hoping that my dead mother was hearing me.

---

Holt shit. Ok I swear I didn't really plan this but this book needed action so uh yeahh.

I LOVE YOU!!!!

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT / DAY / AFTERNOON

xox, claire