; 11

Ashe ,

A sudden slam of the front door caused us to disconnect our long hug. My eyes wandered to the hallway that led into the kitchen, while Nash and Hayes stood up, ready to fight an intruder.

"Hey guys'! I brought back some food," Chad yelled walking into the kitchen. I froze at the sound of his voice, he hadn't been here in a while. He stopped walking once he saw us all huddled up around my spot at the kitchen table. "Did I interrupt something?"

"Yes you did. You haven't been here in what, a month? Why'd you decide to come back?" Nash asked him, his voice dry and calm.

"Because this is my house and wether you like it or not I am your father so keep your attitude low," Chad told Nash, setting the food he had bought on the table.

"Father? What kind of father leaves his 18 year old and 15 year old, along with his daughter who just gave up her kid alone for a month? That's a shitty kind of father to me." Nash retorted, rolling his eyes. The mood for Hayes, Nash and I was completely dull as we stared at our father.

Hayes was sulking in the back of Nash and I, his head in his hands as he rubbed his face. I lightly patted his back from where I sat, attempting to comfort him. I hated seeing Nash and Chad fight, especially since their bond used to be so strong.

Chad slammed his hands on the table, angrily eyeing Nash. "I said to keep your attitude low, and if you won't do that then get the fuck out."

"Hey, calm down. Don't speak to Nash that way you deadbeat," I interrupted the argument.

"What are you gonna do Ashe? Abort the problem?" Chad snickered. I swore I could've heard a little slur in his words, which seemed to so desperately set me off.

"Not my fault you couldn't keep a marriage after you left a woman for the other, keep on jumping around to numb the pain that you've caused, but stop taking it out on others." I told him, gritting my teeth.

"Wow, no wonder Matthew ran away from you, I would've too, who wants a woman that constantly nags? You're just like your mother." Chad told me, laughing a bit.

I pushed the chair back as I stood up. "What the fuck did you just say about my mom you little toupee haired bitch?"

"What are you gonna do? Hit me like your dad hit your mom?" Chad asked, pushing me to my limit.

I grabbed the food on the table and flipped it towards him, luckily for me the food was soup, and it looked steaming hot. I walked over to him, hitting him once in his gut and face. "What are you gonna do now? Cheat at life, like you cheated on my mom? You have no one left, you deadbeat."

Nash wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me away from Chad as I huffed and tried to squirm my way out of his grip.

"You need to calm down. It's gonna be alright. Just take deep breaths." Nash told me, leading me into my room as Hayes trailed behind us.

"That was fucking epic! Ashe was all like bam bam and dad was all like wang wang but Ashe wasn't having it and then slap slap, total savageness." Hayes let out all at once.

"I will never understand Middle School Conversations," I chuckled, shaking my head as I sat down on my bed.

---

I LOVE YOU!!

HAVE A GOOD DAY / NIGHT / AFTERNOON

xox, claire