Girls Growing in Godliness (Part 2)

B E A U T Y

Almost every girl struggles with insecurities. The media has set this standard of how a woman should look in order to be beautiful and since the media plays a big part in society now, it's easy for us to look down on ourselves because we don't look like the model in the magazine or the pretty girl on tv.

Our worth isn't based on what others say about us and it certainly isn't based on how we look. God created each and every one of us in His image, He wouldn't make anything ugly, would He? Of course not! He made all of you uniquely beautiful. Beauty comes from within your heart.

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised

Our world would be so boring if everyone looked the same. Same body shape. Same clothes. Same hairstyle.

God wants us all to strive to be virtuous women. He wants us to put Him over everything and to put others before ourselves. When you start focusing on your inner beauty more than your outer beauty, people will take notice. More people will want to be around you because they'll see Jesus living inside of you.

It's okay to want to look decent. I like wearing a little makeup and doing my hair frequently. When it gets to the point where you feel like you need makeup or that you need to try to fit a certain image, that's when it becomes a problem.

Whenever you start feeling insecure, or like you're not good enough, you need to remind yourself of who you really are in Christ. You are beautiful. You are loved. You are strong. You are worthy. You are anointed. You are blessed. Meditate on these things day and night. Remember to remind the girls around you of how beautiful they are too!