Chapter Twenty-Nine - Just A Friendly Get Together

Start from the beginning

"Actually, we had a bite to eat earlier," Damon muttered, winking at me. Stefan just shook his head, a smile threatening on his lips.

"Don't smile, Stefan," I taunted. "You might pull a muscle. What a shame that would be, huh? We don't want to ruin your pretty little face."

Stefan just stayed silent. I couldn't decide if he was ignoring me, or if he just didn't have anything worth saying. I much preferred the second excuse - I really do hate it when people decide to ignore me when I could be saying something deadly crucial. I mean, this could be a life or death statement, and he wouldn't have heard a word I'd said. Next thing you know, Klaus could be driving a sharpened stake through Stefan's heart, and he wouldn't have listened to my warning beforehand. This is why you should always listen to me, even if I am talking crap. That crap might be useful one day (in the distant future).

Anyway, I was the one to break the awkward silence - again. It seemed everyone else in the household enjoyed the peace, whereas I was a fan of noise and chaos. It's nothing unusual, just the way I've been raised.

"So, what are we actually up to this evening?" I asked, giving up with the sarcasm. "Because all I've heard is that Stefan's pushed the boundaries. Again."

"No, I'm not pushing the boundaries," Stefan protested. "I just think we should all get together and have a good time. We need to forget about Klaus for now and focus on the present."

"So a fancy dinner party is the way to do it?" I grimaced.

"A fancy dinner party with alcohol," Damon interjected.

"Okay, so there will be alcohol," I grinned. "But, that aside, don't you think that a dinner party is a bit extreme? I mean, it's a bit posh for a bunch of supernatural freaks, isn't it?"

"It's a chance for you and I to get pissed and embarass Stefan and Elena." Damon winked at me again. Stefan scowled at him. I looked between the pair of them, deciding whose side to take. I rested on sitting on the fence.

"Well, I'll be off upstairs," I announced. "Might see what crap's on the TV. I just hope there won't be another shitty repeat of a shitty Glee episode."

I turned around and legged it up the stairs. As I burst into the spare bedroom and flopped back onto the bed, Damon followed me in.

"Can I help you?" I inquired.

"I got you this," he said, stepping forward and handing me a tiny black rectangular thing.

"What is it?"

"One of those iPod things," he said awkwardly. "Kind of crap, really, but I figured your crappy MP3 is getting worn out. Elena recommended that I get you an iPod. I've already stocked it up with music, though most of it is the music I listen to. You know, suicidal crap about lost souls who've lost there girl and start to suffer from a tragic emo phase, causing them to slit their pretty little wrists and get drunk. I'd better go and see if there's anything else I can help out with downstairs. I can almost hear Saint Stefan calling me. See ya."

"See ya," I whispered, turning the iPod over in my hands. I'd never actually come this close to one of these things, as my good old MP3 had always sufficed. I didn't even know how to turn on the blood piece of techno-crap, though I figured it out eventually.

I scrolled through the music, not knowing half of the songs on there. I came across a few familiar ones,  that Damon must have put on there for my sake, like Running Up That Hill by Placebo, and Skinny Love by Birdy, but they weren't my favourites. Then there was one that I really did recognise, and it happened to be one of my favourite songs, like, ever.