Chapter 30

*Raven's POV, almost a month later*

"Do you wanna go get something to eat?" Craig asked, from beside me. I was curled up a against his side watching some kind of show on the TV in the small apartment Craig bought for us.

I looked up at him.

"Sure." I replied warily, getting up from my spot on his shoulder.

"Where do you wanna go?" He asked once we were in the car.

I shrugged. "I don't really have a preference."

"Me either." Craig muttered after a while.

For almost a month, I've been living with Craig. I haven't stayed in touch with anyone else, and neither has he.

But it's not much to lose really.

I have Criag.

He's all the family I need.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about Corey.

I think about him all the time.

I often wonder how he's doing back at the house. I wonder if his son Griffin is doing okay, and if his girlfriend Stephanie.

I can't hate them forever, I guess. I just have to deal with it, and wish the best for the three of them.

"You okay over there?" Craig asked when I didn't say anything.

I looked at him and gave him a half-hearted smile. "Yeah, just thinking."

"Anything in particular?"

I nodded. "I'm just thinking about Corey."

Craig seemed to stiffen for a moment, before sighing.

"Anything in particular with him?" Craig asked.

I looked out the window of the car. "Just wondering how he is."

I saw Craig nod in the corner of my eye.

Then he cleared his throat. "I uh...talked to him a while ago."

That caught my attention "Oh? What did he say?" I asked looking back at Criag, who kept his eyes on the road.

"He asked about you. He was wondering how you were doing." Craig answered, glancing towards me once or twice.

I didn't answer.

"He misses you. The guys say he talks about you all the time." Craig added.

I scoffed once, laughing dryly after. "It seems like the only time he cares is when I'm gone."

Criag sighed. "I know Raven. I'm sorry that it seems that way."

I looked back at the window and exhaled.

"I wish you were my dad Craig." I said softly, watching a few drops of rain trickle down the car window.

Craig didn't answer.

'Great,' I growled at myself, 'now I probably freaked him out.'

I was just about to find an excuse for saying that, to try to make it not awkward. But, I didn't need to.

Craig grabbed my hand, giving it a gentle squeez before saying.

"Me too Raven. Me too."