Chapter 20

"Raven?" He said from behind me.

"Corey?" I gasped, whirling around.

And there he was. Just feet away from me.

I didn't know what to say. I mean, how could I? I haven't seen him in months.

I felt a wave of happiness hit me knowing that he was here. And he saw me preforming.

I'll admit. I miss him. I miss him a lot.

But I'll never be able to say that to his face. Because he probably doesn't want to know that anyway.

I pushed the urge to run up and hug him beside, and scowled at him.

"What are you doing here Corey?" I asked coldly.

He seemed suprised by the venom in my voice.

I mentally exhaled. He wasn't gonna let me leave anytime soon. So, I gave Marissa a 'Go on without me' look. And she nodded and walked away.

I turned back towards Corey.

"Why are you here?" I asked again.

Corey took a step towards me. "I needed to talk to you."

I laughed dryly. "What? Do you want me to move all of my stuff out of your house, so you can move your baby's stuff in?"

Corey scowled and shook his head. "No."

"What do you want from me then?"

He took another step towards me.

"I'm here to bring you back home." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "I already have a home Corey."

Corey raised an eyebrow. "And where would that be?"

I laughed once. "Like I would tell you."

Corey out a hand over his face a exhaled. "Raven, we're the ones who actually take care of you, not whoever you're living with now."

"Actually Corey, they take care of me, unlike you. You're too busy gawking over that thing in Stephanie's stomach to worry about me." I said casually.

Corey scowled. "I actually do care about you Raven."

"Oh really? Prove it then Taylor." I growled, smirking at the face Corey made when I called him by his last name.

He took another step towards me. "Show me what you did to show that you cared weeks before I left." I challenged.

"I still have to pay for you because you're still in the custody of me." He said.

I laughed like a maniac, trying my hardest to cover up that I was actually crying.

Then, I felt something that I've never felt so strongly before. An urge I've been trying to hold back.

Anger.

I wanted to punch Corey. I wanted to give him the pain he deserves.

I couldn't hold it back anymore. I let too many emotions build up inside of me.

I threw my fist into Corey's gut. Hard.

I think Corey was more suprised than in pain. But it was still enough to knock him off his feet.

Corey coughed. "Why did you do that?"

I waited for him to get back up. I wanted to punch him again, but I held back the urge.

"That's why you want me back, right? Because you still have to pay for child support?" I whispered, letting my tears run freely

Corey didn't answer. So I continued.

"If you really cared, let me ask you this." I looked him directly in the eyes. "When I tried to talk to you, did you acknowledge me?"

Still Corey didn't say anything.

"When I was alone in my room at night, crying myself to sleep, did you ever come in and hold me, and tell me you're here for me?"

Corey gave me a sad look.

"Did you ever once think of me when you were with Stephanie, or when you found she was pregnant?"

I knew I was finally getting my point across. Because Corey looked weak.

I didn't stop there though.

"Did you ever worry about me when I was always in my room, never coming out for anything? Did you ever worry that I wasn't eating?" I looked away for a moment.

"Did you ever worry that I was cutting myself?" I whispered the last part.

The last one seemed to do it. Because Corey was trying not to cry now.

I sighed. "Don't you see Corey? I don't belong there. And I don't think I ever will. You don't care. So why should I stick around? If you didn't want me anymore you could've just told me. Instead, you had me go through many stages of depression. Corey, if you really cared, you wouldn't have let all those things happen to me." I said.

"Raven..." Corey said, but I put my hand up.

"This is goodbye Corey. Please don't follow me." And with that, I turned away and ran.

I decided to walk to Marissa's house. Maybe I'd be lucky enough to be killed on the way.

I mean, why would I wanna live anyway?

The only thing I'm really doing is playing at small venues around town to get in even with Corey.

It seemed like a good idea then. But now, I just want all of this to end.

I want all the pain to go away.

And the only way to do that, is to end my life.

Cause everybodys' gotta die sometime.

We fell apart,

let's make a new start.

Cause everybodys' gotta die sometime,

but baby don't cry.