Part 9

AYODHYA

The King Dasaratha returned back to Ayodhya after the happenings in forest . He remained childless for a long time .

Once the Minister of Ayodhya SUMANTRA adviced the King Dasaratha to perform a sacrificial fire desiring for a son by inviting the great Sage RISHYASHRUNGA . Then Dasaratha decided to invite that sage after taking permission from their family Preceptor Vasishta. Vasishta stated that Rishyashrunga is the right sage to conduct this sacrificial fire as he was born and brought in an isolated area of a forest that he had never set eyes on any human being other than his own father. He was even unaware of sexual distinction.

As per the preceptors advice the King invited the Sage and Rishyashrunga advised him to conduct PUTRAKAAMESHTI YAGA . And they started the yaga and at the end of the yaga a divine person arose from the midst of the fire . He held a golden vessel containing kheer and gave it to King Dasaratha and asked him to give it to his wives . Then the Divine person disappeared back into the fire .

Dasaratha gave it to his wives . Dasaratha was confused as to who is that divine person and asked about him to the preceptor . Vasishta stated that A DEMON NAMED RAVANA HAS BEEN TORTURING THE DEVAS IN DEVALOK AND THE DEVAS COULD'NT DEFEAT HIM AS HE WAS WAY MORE POWERFUL THAN THEM AND THERFORE THE DEVAS SOUGHT HELP FROM LORD VISHNU . LORD VISHNU PROMISED THEM THAT HE WILL BORN AS ONE OF THE SONS OF THE KING DASARATHA AND WILL KILL RAVANA AND ALSO ADDED THAT ALL OTHER DEVAS WOULD BECOME AN ARMY OF MONKEYS AND RENDER HIM HELP .Then Vishnu called his servant and asked him to give that kheer to Dasaratha .

Then at an auspicious moment Kausalya , Kaikeyi and Sumitra became pregnant and gave birth to RAMA , BHARATHA , LAKSHMANA AND SHTRUGHNA respectively .

HOW IS THE COVER ????