ABOUT RAVANA

THIS IS SOME INFORMATION ABOUT RAVANA'S FAMILY

As seen in the previous update Ravana is one of the sons of Vishrava and Kaikesi .

Vishrava , the son of Pulasthya ( son of BRAHMA ) married Ilavida , the daughter of Bharathwaja impressed by the intelligence of Ilavida . Later Ilavida gave birth to Kubera , the original king of LANKA .

Once SUMALI & TATAKA decided to get their daughter KAIKESI married to the most powerful person in world in order to gain powers of Penance to  defeat the Devas   and hence they chose Vishrava(sage)  as a groom for their daughter so that they could gain power from him as he is the grandson of the Lord Brahma ,the creator . They sent Kaikesi to impress Vishrava and he too fell in love with her and they got married. Kaikesi Gave birth to RAVANA , VIBHISHANA,KUMBHAKARNA , SURPANAKHA .

Ravana was born in BISRAKH village which is in the present UTTHAR PRADESH . He spent his childhood in this village . The ten heads of Ravana depicts that he had learnt six Shastras and four Vedas . Ravana has actually usurped the kingdom of Lanka from his half brother Kubera . Ravana's this act was not liked by his father and hence Vishrava went back to his first wife Ilavida .

Ravana is powerful only because of his father Vishrava as he had great powers which he got by his tapasya and also due to Ravana's devotion towards Lord Shiva .

IN THE NEXT PART I WILL BE UPDATING ABOUT DASARATHA. THIS IS NOT A PART OF RAGHUVAMSHA CHARITAM AND IS JUST FOR REFERENCE

}>YP