Part 7

Aja named his son as DASARATHA . Once on a pleasant evening Indumati and Aja were enjoying the view of nature in the garden . At that time ,NARADA was moving in the Devalog with a garland of divine flowers around his neck .

At that very moment one of the flower from his garland fell over Indumati and at that very moment she gave up her life . Aja tried to wake her up but it was of no use as she already left him forever . Aja could not accept the fact that her beloved wife passed away . Days passed but Aja always remembering her locked up himself inside his room and kept on crying for his wife's demise .

This was identified by their family preceptor VASISHTA through his meditation . Then Vasishta sent one of his disciple to bring the King Aja to his hermitage . The disciple as ordered by the preceptor brought Aja to his hermitage .

Then Vasishta decided to reveal reason of Indumati's death to Aja . Vasishta told Aja that Indumati was a DIVINE DAMSEL named HARINI in her previous birth . Once she was sent by Lord Indra to entice a sage named TRUNABANDU who was doing severe penance to Lord Indra in order test him .

But by this act of Harini ( Indumati ) the sage became angry and cursed her to become a mortal . Later Harini apologised to the sage stating that she was sent by Lord Indra and hence he gave her a salvation from the curse stating that when she would see or come in contact with a divine flower she would reach heaven .Therefore she was born as a mortal and was released from the curse and reached heaven .

Listening this King Aja felt somewhat relieved that his wife is in heaven . Later he crowned Dasaratha as the King of Ayodhya and he himself went for sanyas for his salvation in the banks of river Ganges and Sarayu .