Part 5

The sage Kauthsa after receiving the Preceptors fees from the King Raghu ,returned back to the hermitage of the sage Varatantu and offered the fees to him .

Sage Varatantu asked Kauthsa from where did he get that amount and Kauthsa narrated how Raghu got the amount from Kubera .The Sage Varatantu refused to take the amount as Kubera has offered it to Raghu not  with his willingness and pleasure but in the fear that Raghu would attack his kingdom and snatch all the wealth from him . He also added that accepting these types of wealth destroys the sense of reasoning and also the knowledge gained by the preceptors from many years and this wealth should be used in sacrificial fire .

Then they invited a priest and conducted the yaga utilizing that wealth . After the yaga the bad thoughts in that amount was destroyed and a pure and Holy sound of Vedic verses called as ' SWAAHA'  was produced from the yaga kund and the smoke from the sacrificial fire moved towards the DYAU  LOK (the dark planets world) .

IN AYODHYA

After some months Raghu's wife gave birth to a son and Raghu named him as AJA . Aja gradually passed his childhood and attained his youth .

Meanwhile in VIDARBHA dynasty the King BHOJA arranged a SVAYAMVARA (Selection of groom by the bride ) for his beloved sister named INDUMATHI . The invitation of the Svayamvara  was sent to all the kings and Prince including Aja. Aja too along with his army started towards svayamvara . To reach Vidarbha they have to cross the river Narmada and while they were in the middle of the river an intoxicated elephant tried to attack them .

Aja in order to save himself and the army hit the elephant with his arrow And the elephant fell down dead but suddenly a divine person aroused from the dead elephant .

TO BE CONTINUED .......