Part 2

At the same time the divine calf returned from the forest . After seeing her coming towards the hermitage , the sage Vasishta suggested the king Dilipa to pay respects to the divine calf by rendering his service .

The next morning Dililipa started to serve the divine calf and followed her like a shadow . He slept where the cow slept, ate when the cow ate and washed the cow and took very good care of it .This continued for twenty one days.

On twenty second day the calf while grazing in the Himalayan forest cried loudly . Dilipa rushed towards the sound and found that a lion was pouncing on the calf. In order to rescue the calf he tried to take the arrow but he was spell casted by the lion . King Dilipa couldn't do anything but could speak.

Then the lion introduced itself to the king that he is KUMBODHARA THE ATTENDANT OF ASHTAMURTHI ( LORD SHIVA ) . He also added that he was ordered by Lord Shiva that he should protect the DEVADARU TREE which was nurtured and considered as her own son by Goddess PARVATHI .He also stated that once an elephant tried deteriorate the tree due to which one of the barks broke . Because of this Goddess Parvathi became sad and therefore ordered him to protect it and also that he can eat the animals that comes voluntarily near the tree and hence he wanted to eat the calf .

The king Dilipa thought of a solution and asked the lion to fulfil its hunger by eating him instead of the calf . The lion accepted his offer and Dilipa bowed down in front of the lion .....