Twinkling Epiphany_Part 19_A Thousand Lies...♡

"Khamoka jod tod kare,
Khamoka pai pai se darre..."

The song blared out of the music box in Randhir's car as they headed towards Barista.

"Har story ki me teri heroine hu..
Har story ki me teri happy ending hu..."

Vidhushi stifled a chuckle, while Sanyukta glared at her.
Randhir gulped his nervousness. Yes, Randhir Singh Shekhawat was nervous. He had in his car the two notorious roommates-cum-foes of FITE.
Sanyukta had hastily taken up the back seat, compelling Vidhushi to take up the seat beside Randhir, shrugging her shoulders at a dismal Randhir.

He adjusted the rear view mirror, so as to acknowledge a clear view of Sanyukta's momentary expressions.

"Can you please turn off the music. It's giving me a headache."
Sanyukta snapped suddenly.

"Haww...Sanyukta. It's such a charming song. Isn't it Randhir?"
Vidhushi winked at her partner-in-crime while Randhir chuckled noiselessly.

Sanyukta feigned anger. The two best friends were back, annoying her to her dead limits.

Flashback.

"Tch Tch Tch poor baby, how will you complete your assignment now?"
Randhir burped, wickedly eyeing Agarwal's solemn face. He had in his hand, Sanyukta's dismantled machine, the one she had completed with all her heart.

"Tch tch. Agarwal baby will now complain to Vardhan Sir. And what will he do, Randhir?"
Vidhushi faked fear, and laughed mischievously.

"Oh my God, Vidhi. He'd fire us. And then what would we do?"
Randhir hi-fived, his tone betraying the innocent hatred he had carefully preserved for Sanyukta.

"You dog..."
Sanyukta had paddled in front, in order to set his assignment papers on fire.
Randhir had caught her just in time, swivelling her around to face him.
With her hands caught off behind her back, he had pushed her against the wall, imitating her anger all the while; still careful enough not to hurt her.

"How dare you ruin my work?"

"I dare, Sanyukta. I dare you to do something about it."
He had smiled mischievously, his emotions going haywire, his heart going berserk at this proximity.

"How can you, Randhir? I don't understand what pleasure you derive from ruining others' work?"
Parth had entered the premises just in time to free her of Randhir's scornful grasp.
Randhir hated him them. He hated his interference. He hated seeing someone taking Sanyukta away. And that's exactly what Parth did. He took away Sanyukta, after collecting her machine.

Probably that was the first time, his heart pained. Probably that was the first time, he grieved on hurting her.
He was beginning to care. He was beginning to love with a love that was more than love.

Flashback ends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He smiled lugubriously, trying to conceal the twinge within. He glanced at her through the mirror. Sanyukta had that pained expression too. Probably even she was aimlessly wandering through the memories.

He smiled ruefully, and glanced beside her. Vidhushi sat there, her face taking in the freshness of the morning, her ears adorning the same earring, Parth had gifted her on one Valentines' eve, infront of them all. Randhir remembered this particularly since Parth had irritated him for a week, asking him to choose something for his best friend.

Life was indeed a marionette of His hands. 6 long years had passed, and yet each one of them, were unwillingly trapped in a mellifluous meshwork of ardent memories. A wistful sigh escaped his mouth.