Chapter Five

Emma's POV

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my slender frame. Ethan had been gone for a long time, hopefully things were going well. It was obvious that he was under a great deal of stress right now. Even though he'd only been gone for a few hours, Georgia was missing him terribly. She'd always been a Daddy's girl, there was a special bond between the two of them. I'd always known that Ethan would be a good father, but he'd surprised even me. He loved her to pieces and would do anything for her.

I glanced at my reflection as I buttoned up my shirt. I hadn't realised until now that I had a small bump showing. Things suddenly felt real. Fingers crossed that he wouldn't arrive early like Georgia. I jumped slightly as I heard the front door close. Ethan must be home. I glanced down at myself and smiled slightly as I heard footsteps climbing the stairs. Maybe I should leave the buttons undone. As I peered around the door I saw Ethan walk into our bedroom and slowly close the door behind himself.

I wandered across the hallway and followed him into the bedroom.

"Hey, you're back." I said happily.

He nodded slowly as he sat in the chair, quietly gazing out of the window.

"How was it?" I asked him.

"Alright I guess." he said quietly.

I sighed as I gazed at his back. I wandered over so that I was standing behind him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You okay?" I asked gently.

He nodded slowly and rested his head against my arm. It was obvious from the way he was acting that he wasn't fine. I heard him sigh as I gently stroked his hair.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I whispered in his ear.

"I can't." he muttered.

"It's okay, we'll talk another time." I reassured him, gently planting a kiss on his neck. He sighed in pleasure and turned to look at me for the first time.   He gazed into my eyes for a long time.

"I love you so much." he whispered, his voice breaking slightly.

"I know you do..where did that come from." I smiled.

He shrugged and looked at the floor.

"Georgia missed you like crazy earlier." I told him happily, trying to change the subject.

"Where is she?" he asked, smiling slightly.

"I put her down for a nap." I replied.

He nodded and watched me closely. Ever since he'd returned, something seemed different about him, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. A strange look was present in his eye that I couldn't quite interpret.

He stood up slowly and walked towards me, I winced slightly as the desk pressed against my back. He smiled as he placed his hands on my waist, causing me to gasp as his cold hands made contact with my skin.

"You okay?" he asked worriedly.

"Yeah, your hands are cold." I giggled.

"I have something to show you." I added.

"What?" he asked, as he pulled me closer towards himself.

"I'm showing a little." I stated happily, as I glanced down at my tiny bump.

He followed my eyeline and moved the material of my shirt to one side. I watched him closely as he stared at my stomach. He sighed deeply and quickly turned away from me.

"What's wrong?" I frowned. I'd hoped that he would be happy to share this moment with me, but he seemed almost sad.

"Ethan?" I asked again, gently placing my hands on his shoulders.

"It's nothing." he replied quietly.

"No, tell me." I pushed him.

"It's just a bit overwhelming." he said quickly.

"Hey, it's okay, this is a good thing." I told him.

He sighed and turned to face me. I gasped in surprise as he quickly pressed his lips against mine and kissed me deeply. Eventually he pulled away, slightly breathless and smiled as he ran his hands up my thigh. My skin tingled under his gentle touch. I smiled at him as he gently picked me up and placed me on the desk. He gently slid my shirt down over my arms, slowly, almost as if he was teasing me. I smiled and placed my lips on his, each of us giving in to the intense love that we felt for each other. His lips left mine for a brief moment as he removed his shirt and then they crashed back onto mine. Eventually I pulled away, needing a moment to catch my breath. I sighed in pleasure as he gently kissed my neck and collarbone. He gasped in shock as I slowly unfastened his belt, my hand brushing against his groin as I did so.

"Whoops." I giggled, biting my lip.

"You did that on purpose." he said hoarsely.

"Of course not, it was an accident." I whispered, slowly pushing down his trousers.

He raised his eyebrow skeptically and watched as I removed my hairband, allowing my long brown hair to tumble down my shoulders.

"You're so beautiful." he stated, gazing at me intensely.

I smiled at him and traced my fingers along the band of his boxers. He responded by gently removing my bra, his fingers lingering on my breasts for a moment. I winced slightly as he touched them.

"What?" he frowned.

"Nothing it's fine." I answered, kissing his neck.

"No, did I hurt you?" he asked.

"No, they are just tender." I stated.

He frowned at me for a moment.

"The same thing happened when I was pregnant with Georgia." I added.

He nodded slowly and a flicker of sadness crossed his handsome features.

"What?" I frowned.

"Nothing, just forget about it." he said quickly.

I quickly jumped off the desk and took his hand, smiling at him as I pulled him towards the bed.

AN: I couldn't stop blushing when I wrote this chapter haha. Hope you guys like it :)