Chapter 1

Ashley's POV

"Hey man are you goin' to that party at CC's place tomorrow night?" Jinxx asked finally taking a break from texting Sammi who is touring with her band.

"Yeah. Nice to see you can take your eyes off the phone long enough to talk." I said teasing him and finishing off my apple.

"I miss her Ashley. And besides she didn't tell me goodbye before she left because she did want to wake me up." He said looking down at his phone again.

"Dude I was just kidding and she has only been gone for a couple of hours. And omg Sammi didn't want to wake you up. You should feel lucky she is always waking me up. She does t like to see me sleep." I said grabbing my school bag and keys.

"I know you were and you will understand soon. There are times when I wished she would have woken me up but other than that I don't think she likes to see me sleep either. Come to think of it she doesn't like to see anyone sleep unless its her. Now lets go before we are late again." He said and we left the pack house.

"So how long is she going to be gone?" I asked him on the way to school.

"6 months." He said sadly.

"Wow so up want to practice next weekend." I asked talking about our band.

"Yeah. Then we can all go back to you're party house and hang. We need to start looking for a vocalist." He said said still texting away.

"I know. And what are you going to do when she is on stage and can't text you?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Go crazy." He said and I chuckled.

When we got to school I saw my girlfriend Kina waiting for me. I smiled before turning my car off and stepping out.

"Hi babe." She purred running her hand down my chest.

"Hey." I said then kissed her.

"So we find out who your mate is tomorrow." She said reminding me that tomorrow is my 18th birthday.

"I know baby and I'm sure that you are my mate." I said before she pulled into another kiss.

"I hope so." She said as the bell went off.

"Bye." I said kissing her once more before heading off to English.

Kina and I have been going out for three years now and we both are hoping that we are mates. I'm the next alpha meaning that she would become Luna. She is beautiful she has blond hair that runs down her back and end at hips. She has mesmerizing mossy green eyes and she is tan not orange like most girls. So tomorrow when I turn 18 I find out who my mate is and I'm hoping its her. I smiled to myself before walking into class.

"Well Mr.Purdy nice to see you on time for once." Mr.Grey said looking up from his computer.

"Don't get used to it." I said going to take my seat in the back corner only to realize someone was in it. He must be new because everyone knows that's my seat. Deciding to be nice since it was his first day I sat in the empty seat beside him and I heard people gasp.

Mr.Grey started the lesson and I pulled out a piece of paper.

-hey are you new here?- I wrote then passed it to the kid.

He wrote then handed it back.

-yeah look you don't have to be nice by the way people talk about you, you seem like a stuck up person no offense but people like you and people like me don't get along very well-

I frowned at the paper before writing back.

-you seem like a nice kid my name is Ashley what's yours?-