19- Savior

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long. I'm just recently recovering from an injury but I'm allowed to use my left arm/hand again so now I can write again. Just a warning, this may be the last chapter if it plays out like I think it might.

-----

"That wasn't too bad now was it?" Niall asks softly, smiling at the taller lad.

"No." Harry says softly, running a hand through his freshly cut hair. "It's been ages since I've had a haircut." He admits.

"I could tell." Niall chuckles. "It looks really good." He says sincerely. It's been a few weeks since his mates have met his new 'boyfriend' and so far, everyone seems to like him well enough. He has their blessing, and that means a lot to Niall- even though he has to continue to tell himself that they aren't really dating no matter how much he wants them to. Everything has settled down to normal, as normal as his life can be now that Harry has come in and mixed everything up. But he wouldn't change it if he had the chance. He kind of loves this new life.

Liam and Lou have teased him mercilessly when they catch him staring at Harry just a little too long, they've caught onto all the stolen glances and red cheeks and joke telling. They know he fancies Harry, even though he has yet to say it out loud. He doesn't think he will though, because saying it out loud may make it real. And if it's real, the risk for rejection is real, and in his mind, quite high. He likes how things are now. And he'd much rather have Harry and hide the truth than lose Harry because of the truth. It's how it has to be.

"Ni!" Harry says loudly, shaking the lad.

"What?" Niall asks, snapping from his thoughts, his eyes transfixed on Harry's lips.

"I asked if you were alright." Harry says worriedly. "I was speaking to you and you didn't reply, just stared blankly at me."

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine love, zoned out. What was it that you asked?" Niall reassures.

"I asked if you wanted to maybe go see a film or summat. In town." Harry admits sheepishly, a light blush covering his cheeks. Niall smiles widely, nodding.

"I would love to." He whispers brightly.

"Ace." Harry replies. They decide on going to a little fancy dinner instead, seeing as there are no films they'd like to see. For a Saturday night, it's busy, causing them to park a few blocks away from the restaurant. They walk and talk and laugh, not paying attention to anything around them, surrounded by the feeling of one another. They both think that maybe this is a date, but are both too nervous to ask each other. They eat at this little Italian place, it's pretty packed, but they get a seat because Niall knows the owner and his son. Gives the little lad lessons every Tuesday and Thursday. And they know Harry, because he's just recently started in the chef position a few weeks back. It's Niall's favorite place, and that's why he applied. He can bring home some leftovers for the lad on days he works, and it's so worth it to see the way Niall's face lights up at the thoughtful gesture.

They have a few glasses of wine, and due to the experiments Harry had, it barely affects him. He thinks it's a blessing and a curse, but he also thinks a giggly, tipsy, Niall is bloody adorable. He would never grow old of it. They eat and they laugh and they talk, and by the end of the dinner, Niall kisses him.

It's a little sloppy, awkward, and messy. Niall ends up knocking a glass of red wine over, and it shatters at their feet. Harry apologizes profusely, and says they can take the cost out of his next paycheck. They promise they will, but there's a fondness in their eyes as they watch Niall cling to Harry like he might disappear. One of his coworkers cheer when they see him, he tells Harry that it's about time and it makes him blush harder but there's this gleeful, proud smile on his face. It was worth the teasing he thinks. He sees even more hope now.