08- Habitual

Hey guys! A special delivery, for you! An update!

-------

Harry knew the feeling of jealousy well. The envy completely washing over him when he saw the normal people that walked through the door, the people whose lives weren't ripped away from them like his had been, the people that could look at him with disgust their ignorance and judgement shining bright in the dark home. They didn't know what had made him the way he was, but it seemed they didn't care, they didn't want to know. Wanted to believe monsters were born not made, wanted to live in their perfect little worlds rid of the dark secrets of the world.

Harry didn't change that, he didn't take away their naïve nature and innocence. Didn't wish to be like the doctors and people that had ripped his away. But sometimes his anger and jealousy got the best of him, and usually, those that trespassed on nights like that never made it out alive, or at all. People were too scared of what lived in that house to go in and search, so those people were never found. Their families, never getting closure.

But soon guilt had started to ebb away, it no longer bothered Harry. He had grown accustomed to it. He had been made into a monster, and monsters had no regret.

But this kind of jealousy was new to him. He wasn't jealous of Niall's life, of his friendships or his normal- and beautiful- appearance. He wasn't jealous of the lad who could walk around and only receive stares because of his beauty and brilliant smile. Rather he was jealous of the lad who had stormed in, jealous of how close he seemed to be to the fake blonde, jealous of how he could grab onto him, joke with him, and make him smile and laugh. Jealous that he couldn't do any of those things. Harry thinks that Niall could never grow close with a monster like him. Harry had never felt so dejected.

But he had also never felt so normal.

Niall was confused. He had been scolded when he had arrived home that fateful night, and during the whole car ride there. But he couldn't help but feel drawn to that house, and even more so that lad that inhabited it. There was something about the green eyes, something about the lad that owned those eyes that made him feel... safe. Unafraid.

He couldn't figure it out, couldn't come up with the reason he was drawn to the bright emerald eyes and the perfectly tousled curls, couldn't justify his attraction to the place. And it wasn't like he could talk to a mate about it. They would all think he was mad, absolutely bonkers. Suicidal. To willingly go back there again. He had already gotten more than enough lectures from his three best mates about going back a second time. Even if it was for his necklace- and they all knew the importance of that necklace. But 'it isn't worth your life Niall.' Was what they had all said, all in the same exasperated tone like he was a child that had stolen a cookie one too many times. He didn't dare talk to them about it.

Everyone could tell he was distracted though. There was no energetic greeting from the fake blonde when the door opened like usual, and people even had to repeat their questions several times before Niall could comprehend them. It was unlike him, especially in his work, in the place that he built and treasured. It was unusual, and it struck his mates too.

They reckoned he had seen something in that house the second time, something that drew his attention, and made fear course through his veins. But when they had asked him if he had seen anything, all he had said was a very firm 'no'. He didn't want to risk his friends going there to see if what he had seen – twice- was real, and he most certainly didn't want to risk Harry seeing them. The rumors were true for the most part, he did hurt people, he did kill intruders, and Niall didn't want his mates to be on that list. He would consider that as blood on his hands. And he couldn't lose his best mates.