06- Frighten

Another update! I'm really loving this story, hopefully I can make these updates a bit longer too!

Thank you all for the lovely feedback, and for reading!

----

"Well spotted." He said, smirking a bit at the shocked boy. Harry had been caught out, discovered, so he reckoned turning on the charm would work better than running away. He was Harry Styles, town freak, but he didn't run away. Not from humans and adorable boys with stunning blue eyes at least. There were things he did run from, but Niall would not be one of those things. The blonde took a step backwards, mind trying to process everything.

"It wasn't a dream?" He questioned softly, more to himself than anyone else, but Harry shook his head anyways. Niall clutches at the air near his neck, forgetting of the loss of his necklace was the reason he was here again. Harry caught the movement, hand reaching into his pocket clutching at the cool metal in his pocket, a token he had found the day after Niall had disappeared through the doorway. A reminder of the perplexing lad he had spared. But it seemed to him now that it was something of value to the lad, who was now close to hyperventilating.

"Why do you keep clutching at your neck?" He asked curiously, wondering if his guess was correct. He wondered if the lad was hurting, and for some odd reason he hoped he wasn't. This lad was too pretty to be hurt.

"My-my necklace, it- I lost it." He stuttered, and Harry took a careful step forward. He had seen this before, in a deer that he had found in the forest surrounding the town. It was scared of him, and any sudden movement would set it off. A creature of beauty, untrusting of strangers, of humans and the monsters that tried to hurt it. Niall reminded him of that innocent little deer. Niall wasn't someone he wanted to scare off. He reached into his pocket, wrapping his hand around the necklace in a fist, and gently showed it to Niall. Niall flinched slightly, but when the hit he was expecting didn't come he looked at the fist. He was confused, eyes locking with stunning emerald that somehow calmed him, and when his heart didn't race as fast from fear, he took a careful step forward.

Harry's lips quirked up, almost resembling a smile. A real, genuine smile, something he hadn't worn in such a long time that it felt foreign to him. He opens his hand, revealing the necklace, watching as Niall's face lights up with recognition. He slowly reaches for it, as if he's scared that Harry will jerk it away, tell him it was all a cruel joke. Harry doesn't, and Niall happily pulls the necklace out of Harry's hand, holding it in front of him, a thankful smile on his face.

"Thank you." He whispered, smiling brightly. He slipped the necklace on, clutching at it, smiling widely. But then something caught his attention, Harry's hand to be exact. "I thought you had claws?" He asked, and just as the question left his mouth, claws extended from his fingers. Niall watched shocked, but also slightly in awe.

"I do." Harry answered gently, watching the blonde with fascination. "Does it frighten you?"

"No." He answered, gently running a finger over the sharp nail, awed at what had happened before him. Harry watches, a swirling in his stomach making itself known. But then his fingers travel over his hand, caressing a scar on his wrist, and all Harry can see in Niall's eyes is curiosity and caring. This lad was different, and that frightened him. The feeling in his stomach frightened him, the knowledge that he doesn't feel even the slightest desire to kill the blonde frightened him. He was scared, so scared, and that feeling in itself scared him more, because there was a very short list of things that frightened him. At the moment, Niall was at the top.

He stepped back, hiding in the shadows, his green glowing eyes all that was visible of him to Niall. For some reason Niall was no longer scared of the man that was stood before him. He wasn't a monster, he looked like it, but by the way he had acted towards Niall he couldn't have been.