10- Jeopardize

The Q&A will be posted after this chapter, so any more last minute questions can be asked on this chapter. Remember you can ask any of the characters anything, and be creative with your questions. :) You could ask Harry what happened after he escaped, or the lads who they're dating. You can get some more information on anyone's thoughts or feelings. It's a chance to ask the questions you've been dying to ask aha. They don't have to be just for me. The questions that are the most creative or thoughtful will get dedications because I absolutely love when I get questions!

Now, onto the story.

--------

Harry feels like he's much lighter, happier already, like he could drift off and ride the back of the wind for miles and miles and never fall. He feels free something he hadn't felt since he was 7. He didn't feel it when he escaped that prison he lived in for years, or when he narrowly escaped death. Didn't feel free when he was free, the invisible shackles still weighing him down. He thought he could never be free, his mind was his prison, his body the constant reminder that he could never be the same. He could never truly be free, free of the fear and the anger and the hurt, free of the torturing memories, of the grief and loss, of the deprecating thoughts and disgusted glares and fearful eyes. He could never be free of it.

At least, that's what he had always thought.

But Niall seemed to change that.

Harry stops laughing, his face falling into an expression of seriousness fluidly. He steps forward, his green eyes softening, curious. He's examining Niall again, his eyes leaving scorching trails in their wake. Niall can see the childlike curiosity burning bright in his emerald eyes, eyes that seem to brighten more as the sun goes down. Harry takes another step forward, curious and testing, their eyes locking. Harry raises his hand, seemingly to be in a trance, his fingers flitting above Niall's cheek, but not touching. And as soon as he makes a move to connect them, a shrill ringing cuts through the quiet air. Harry jumps back, clutching his ears, mumbling swear words under his breath.

Niall scrambles to answer the phone, not checking the caller i.d just trying to make it stop. He answers it with a breathless hello, watching Harry carefully.

"Tell me you're not where I think you are Niall." A stern voice speaks through the phone and he winces shortly.

"I'm not where you think I am." He mumbles, and Liam scoffs.

"So if I'm to walk through the door of that house, you won't be there? I'll find it empty, or with whatever happens to live in there trying to rip my throat out?" Liam asks, and Niall can sense his anger, but he can't let him come here. Doesn't know how Harry might react.

"No! I'm- I'm not there. I'm somewhere else, don't go there Liam it isn't safe." He says frantically, and Liam scoffs.

"This would be your third time going and you're still alive aren't you?"

"That's different."

"So you are there." He mutters angrily, Niall wincing at the tone. "How many times have we told you to stay away from there Niall?! You know the rumors, you're one of the only people to make it out alive and you're going to be stupid and tempt fate?!" Liam hisses, his grip on the steering wheel tightening.

"Liam please, don't come. I swear I'm fine but you can't- you can't come." Niall pleads, staring at Harry. Harry who's watching him carefully, much like a predator and prey. He feels exposed, but doesn't want to risk Harry getting angry, Harry hurting Liam. Liam hurting Harry.

"Why the hell not Niall? I'm not going to believe you're fine in there. I almost had a heart attack that first night, none of us could sleep we were so worried and now you expect me- us- just to think this is all fine and dandy? It doesn't work that way. I'm not going to let you do something so reckless. I like waking up and not finding my best mate's picture on the news with the headline of 'man found dead' or 'man missing' alright?!" He hisses, putting his foot down on the gas, his car roaring as he speeds down the road.

"Give me 10 minutes, half an hour, and I'll meet you at the bottom of the hill I promise. A second longer and you can come up and find me." Niall pleads helplessly. Harry is his secret, and not one he wants the world to know of just yet. He's not ashamed, more like scared- for who, he hasn't decided. He hears a heavy sigh on the other line.

"10 minutes Niall."

"30."

"15."

"20?" Niall asks sheepishly.

"15, that's as long as I go." Liam mumbles angrily, hanging up the phone roughly, tossing it to the passenger side. He parks haphazardly at the bottom of the hill, fingers tapping incessantly on the steering wheel, his heart racing with anxiety. Niall is like a little brother to him, a best mate, he doesn't feel right about the situation, doesn't want to lose him.

10 minutes later he's out of the car, making his way up to the house with determined speed. He stops in front of the door, hand on the knob but freezes, instead his curiosity begins to lead him elsewhere. He steps to the side, quietly getting to his knees so he can peak into the window and see what Niall comes here for. It's begun to get dark again, half the room covered in shade. Liam can make out two people, one he can make out as Niall, and another clothed in the darkness. He can make out iridescent green eyes, if only for a moment before that person disappears. He watches as Niall calls out for him, spinning in circles to try and find something.

He's harshly tugged back, falling on his arse and scrambling back. "It's not nice to spy on people." Harry mutters darkly. Liam scrambles back, his back hitting the railing of the porch. It's the other man in the room, but he still can't see him. He's still hung in the shadows, the only thing that's clear being his bright eyes. Harry steps out and Liam gasps, scrambling away from Harry. He's not quick enough, and he's hoisted up, being dragged roughly into the house. Harry throws him on the ground and he wiggles backwards, eyes wide and mouth agape.

"Staring is rude." Harry growls, slamming the door behind him.

---------

Dun dun dunnnnn.

Hope this was good enough for you guys.

What is Harry going to do to Liam?

What will Niall's reaction be?

What will Harry do to Niall? And vice versa?

What will happen?

Will the others come to find them?

50 comments for an update?

Val xxxx

(Last minute Q&A questions! Ask anyone, and if it's a character please specify which one. I'll wait a day or two before posting it to make sure I get all of your questions.)

K^u