Prologue.✔️

It was the thirty-first of October, my birthday.

"Ruby! Your friends are here!"

"Coming Mother!" I call, grabbing my purse and put my phone inside. I race down the stairs and see my friends waiting there all ready for the costume party. Me and my girl besties were all dressed as angels. All our guy friends and boyfriends were dressed as devils. Unfortunately we couldn't find one for me because after they got theirs everyone was sold out so I'm a dark angel.

"Hey!" All of us say in unison as I get to the bottom of the stairs.

"Let's roll!" I say as my mom finishes her lecture that I've heard for my whole life.

~~~
At midnight.

I'm sitting on a stump outside in the woods, tired of the crowds and needing to entertain people. Looking up, I see a moonbeam shining directly on top of me. I start to feel my bones moving, shifting, breaking, and reforming. I scream in agony as the painful process starts. My eyes are changing I can feel it. I look at my body as it gets hairier and bigger by the second. When it came to holt I was no longer human. I was a wolf.  I was pure white as far as I can tell. I hear the sound of my friends calling me.

Hello little one, sorry we'll need to have a conversation about everything. I realize that you don't know what's happening but unless you want to die, stop resisting.

Who are you?

I'm your wolf, Alexis.

We need to go home! Dad'll know what's going on.

NO! We need to find our pack, some how...

I shift back and scream when I realize that I'm nude. Alexis shifts me back and scolds me for my foolishness. We wonder to a house with clothes conveniently hanging outside, they were probably drying them and forget them. Alexis congrats herself for her find. We get a shirt and shorts about my size. I shift and put on the clothes.

~~~
Thirty minutes later

I silently cry as I pack up my belongings. I'm adopted and they never even told me! Now I've been thrown out because I'm a 'disgrace', just because I came home in a stranger's clothes and was crying.

What did you expect, they're rich, famous humans. Alexis scoffs.

Shut up! You were right! Are you f*cking happy now? I mentally scream at her.

~~~
The next day

I hate mother. Luckily she has a secret safe, filled with money from illegal activities. I figured out the code simple enough, she uses the same one with everything, 1234. I steal a couple thousand dollars. I put the money, my clothes, shoes, stolen jewelry, and my phone, in my car that I bought with my own money.

Mr and Mrs. Smith, Michael, Lucy, and the staff all see me out the next day. Michael, my 17 year old ex-adoptive brother, is crying and hugging me so I give him my new number and a kiss on the forehead.  Lucy is 6 and always said I was her best friend, now she cries, holding onto my leg. I hug her and give the best advice I can.

"Look at me Lucy, I love you. I will always love you so just tell your brother that you need me and I'll come running. Remember you are a beautiful princess and don't ever let anyone tell you different, okay? You deserve the world."

"Is it my fault you're leaving Ru-Ru, is it?" I look at her sharply when she so much as suggests it.

I grad her chin and make her look at me. "Look at me Lucy May Smith. It is not. I would stay if I could but I can't. I need to find my way. Remember that you and Michael are what I want to stay for, but don't worry." I whisper to my two siblings. "I'll text you guys all the time, I'll even try to set up times for us to hangout, just the three of us." Both me and my wolf are crying, the only difference is that I'm staying a bit strong.

Finally my parents. Alexis growls and I feel her try to get out so she can hurt them. "Good bye, I hope we see each other in the future." Mr. Smith has a single tear rolling down his cheek, he quickly wipes it away though.

Mr. Smith gives up, engulfing me his signature bear hug "Good bye Ruby, it's been a pleasure to have you as our daughter. Don't die okay? I wish you were my daughter though." He whispers the last part, so only I can hear him. He was always like a true Dad to me. He stayed home when I was sick even though he's a lawyer, made me chocolate chip pancakes on my birthday, he was the best dad ever. But Mrs. Smith cheated on him. I'm the only one who knows. I slip my number in his pocket.

"I left you a flash drive, watch it alone. But the DVD, watch that with Michael and Lucy." I whisper.

Mrs. Smith looks at me and I shake her hand and hug all the staff, I'll miss them and their gossiping ways, I'll miss them helping with all the things my mother couldn't be bothered with.

With that I go off, I go where Alexis says. She knows more than me about this stuff.

~~~

She leads me to the woods. So I started my life, I met twins who were rogue. We got stuck in a blizzard, we told our life stories, at first they were surprised I didn't know anything but, luckily, they explained everything about my werewolf-ness. They taught me how to shift on command, thank god they were both girls. We stayed together afterwards. We stayed at a nearby abandoned house. A few months later they met their mates, they were both alphas from near by. Luckily they didn't spill about me. I can't tell a lot of people about my being a white wolf. I had to leave soon after but we stayed in touch.

Every other month I visited. Mr. Smith got a divorce soon after I left and because of the proof, the safe, the guns, and the gang tattoos she was immediately arrested. They wanted me back but I couldn't come back. Now I live in an apartment, that I bought, in a small city in North Dakota.

~~~

Hello readers! I've been reading so much werewolf stories I just had to write one. I hope y'all like it.

Please comment and vote!

💋💋fire_rebel💋💋