Chapter 8

Rose's POV

When Dimitri left, I looked at the gym door and then back at Adrian, "Thank you..." He gave me a slight smile, "No problem" I rub my eyes and give him a smile, "So how have you been these past 5 years?" I ask him, wanting to talk about something else. He scowled and said, "Why did you two leave...?" I look away from him and say, "We just... couldn't handle being around you guys... after the things we did... we just needed to get away..." Adrian let out a sigh and said, "We could have helped you guys through it..."

I let out a breath and say, "We just needed time together..." Adrian looks at me and then lets out another sigh, "Okay then..."

We were silent for a few minutes, then I stood up. "I need a shower" then I look at my hands, "and some bandages..." Adrian gets up and places his hands over mine. I raise my eyebrow at him. He smiles and then I could feel the hot and cold feeling when Lissa heals me.

I look at Adrian with amazement and then he removes his hands from mine. I look at my hands and see that they're healed. I smile widely and say, "Thank you. I didn't know you could heal."

He smiles at me and says, "I've been learning from Lissa while you two were... away" I nodded and patted him on the back. "Great job! Thanks again. I'm gonna go take a shower." I give him a wave as I head for the gym door.

Just as I got to the gym door, I froze. Crap, all my things are back at the room... Dimitri might be there...

I turn to look at Adrian and he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Umm..." I start off. "Could you come with me?" He smirks and says, "Go with you to shower? Sure!" I laugh and shake my head, "No, come with me to get my things... They're back at our room..."

He looks at me with a confused expression and then he scowls, "Sure, I'll go with you."

I give him a grateful smile and say, "Thanks." He walks over to me and links his arm with mine. We then leave the gym and head towards the room.

After a few minutes, we now stand in front of the room door. I glance at Adrian and he's staring at the door. I take a deep breath and open the door.

I look around and see nobody in the room. As I step into the room, Adrian enters as well. He closes the door and he sits on the bed. I grab my unpacked suitcase and sit next to him. He puts an arm around my shoulders and I lean my head against his shoulder. I mumble, "I should probably let him explain..." He sighs and he runs a hand through his hair, "I guess..." he says.

I stand up and say, "I should go look for him..."

He nods and gets up as well. I look at my suitcase and tell him, "I'll just come back and get it if his explanation is a crappy one..." He just nods again.

We both head to the door but we freeze in our places when the door opens and Dimitri and Tasha enter kissing.

I could feel my anger spike up and I go over to the two and pull them apart from each other. Tasha blinks in confusion when she sees me. I clench my hands into fists and I punch her right on the nose. I hear a crunch sound, telling me that I broke it.

She lets out a yelp of pain and holds her broken nose. I smirk and then turn to Dimitri. I pull my fist back and punch Dimitri right in the eye.

Dimitri's POV

I put a hand on my eye as I blinked at Rose with my uninjured eye. What did I do now? I continue to look at her with confusion. She looks back at me with so much hatred and hurt. As I cover my eye, I ask, "What did I do?"

She grits her teeth and pulls her fist back. I close my eye waiting for a punch. But it doesn't come. I open my eye and look at her. She still has her teeth gritted but she has her fist at her side and Adrian has a hand on her shoulder.

Rose continues to look at me as Adrian whispers something to her.

She sighs and closes her eyes. When she closes her eyes, someone tries to punch her. Adrian blocked the punch and pushes the person away.

I look at the person and realize that it's Tasha.

I grit my teeth. What is she doing here?

Rose opens her eyes and glares at Tasha. She goes to her and pulls back a fist but then drops it to her side. "You aren't worth my time." She then walks out of the room.

I look at her as she walks out and then turn back to Adrian and Tasha.

Adrian runs a hand through his hair and sighs. He's about to walk out as well, but first he pats me on the shoulder. Once he's gone, I sigh and glare at Tasha. "Get out." I tell her in a cold voice.

She narrows her eyes at me and walks out. I sigh again and lie down on the bed. I still had my hand on my eye.

Man... She's got a punch...

Adrian's POV

I totally got it now. Dimitri didn't willingly kiss Tasha. He was compelled.

I sigh as I walk down the halls of the Royal Court. Where did Rose run off to?

I walk around the Royal Court looking for her. I head outside for a smoke. I pull out a cigarette and lean against a tree. As I smoke I look around still in search of Rose.

When I was done smoking, I walk around outside. After a few minutes, I catch a glimpse of Rose and go over to her.

"Hey Rose! I got to talk to you!" I call out to her. Her back was facing me so I called out to her to tell her that I'm behind her.

She doesn't turn to look at me and I realize that she wasn't inside the wards.

"Rose? Get back inside the wards..." I tell her.

She doesn't do keeps her back to me and remains silent.

"Uhh... Rose, you're kinda freaking me out..."

She chuckles. It was cold and without humor. I inwardly gulp and say, "Rose, are you alright?" She shrugs and says, "I am great!"

I say, "I have something to tell you. Dimitri was being compelled by Tasha!" She laughs coldly and says, "I don't care about them anymore." I gape at her. "You don't care anymore?" She snaps her head in my direction and says, "I'm pretty sure that's what I said."

I gasp as I look at her. No, no... not again! I shake my head. This is all a dream. A bad dream. A nightmare!

She smirks and says, "What Adrian? Surprised?"

I look at her with wide eyes as she stares back with her red-ringed eyes.

She can't... She just can't be a strigoi again...