Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

**************

My eyes snapped open in alarm, I felt an incredible amount of dark chakra near. I quickly got up, big mistake. The pain in my side was sharp, but bearable. Sasuke.......

He was standing in front of me holding back the arms of some man, his foot on his back. I looked over at Sakura who's hair was now short, and was utterly terrified.

Naruto was beside me, asleep, I'm guessing he hasn't woken up yet. Why are we alway in these kinds of predicaments?

My attention was pulled back on Sasuke who mercilessly pulled the guy's arm out of his sockets. "What's going on with him?" I asked in an inaudible tone, shocked at the Uchiha's actions.

Sasuke looked at another man, who is probably the teammate of the other. He looked at the Uchiha with alarmed eyes when he ominously said, "Your turn."

As he began walking, Sakura shot up. "No!" She yelled tears streaming down her face. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, crying as they were now on the ground.

I was now in front of Sasuke staring at him. "What am I?" He asked himself, looking at his hands. I placed a comforting hand on both of his shoulders. What else was I supposed to do? I was at a lost for words.

I couldn't exactly say that I understood. Because I didn't.... What we did have in common at this moment was the confusion we both held. The thoughts that rolled in our heads, asking what's wrong with us. The enemies we face know more about me than I do of myself.

These green eyes of mine, why do people acknowledge them when they belong to a Yoshida? Is there something wrong with me? What happened when I was unconscious...?

Everything is just plummeting down on me, and I can barely hold it's weight. I might not be able to hold the weight anymore. I'm unprepared for all of this, it just came so unexpectedly.

Well... I guess that's how life is? I mean the saying is, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.", for a reason. Why does it have to be that way?!

"Here." The man said, placing a scroll on the ground. "We'll hand over our scroll, just let us go. We won't be able to take you in this state. But next time we fight, we fight to the end, Sasuke Uchiha." He lifted up his teammates, which apparently there's a woman also apart of his team.

"Wait!" Sakura stopped him from proceeding. "What does that guy Orochimaru want with Sasuke?!"

"I don't know." He admitted. "All I know is that he sent us to attack Sasuke." And with that they left.

I noticed a mark that was on Sasuke's neck. That must've hurted... What is it anyway? You know what, I've had enough...

I noticed all of the rookies were here. Shikamaru and Choji woke Naruto up, in a painful way of course. "Huh! What?! What's going on here?!" The blonde asked frantically.

"Explaining this is going to be a drag, so just forget it." Shikamaru sighed.

I got up walking over to the Nara, and stared at Blondie. "Oh, hey Lily, you look like death all over!"

Shikamaru facepalmed and shook his head at the oblivious Blonde. "Believe me Blondie, I feel way worst than death..."

His attention went towards Sasuke and Sakura who were still on the ground. "Woah! Sakura, did you cut your hair?!" He asked in disbelief running over to them.