But then the voice came and I heard it too.

'Do you taunt me by saying my name.'

Ross started to fidget in his sleep. Okward frowned as Barney and Red's Ghost huddled next to him. Their hands clasped together, while Barney protectively held onto Red.

'You are only alive because I allow you to live.'

Ross whimpering lowly as his hand clutched my shirt. Tears started to form in his eyes.

'What makes you think you have control?'

"Stop." He muttered softly

'No, you will see I can do what I want when I want. '

His whimpering got louder

'If you dare challenge me again.
your family wont even be safe from you.'

"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LEAVE MY BOYFRIEND ALONE!" I shouted throughout the whole room as a low growl emanated out of nowhere.

There was a brief pause before the voice replied, 'You may have your ginger. . . But you will be mine.'

I cracked a smile as I felt his presence leave. Ross smiled softly, while the others sighed in relief.

"Just a little longer. . ." I muttered to Ross kissing him once more, "Hope is all we have against that bastard."

'Why do you still hold on to hope?' The voice was asking me now, 'It's useless.'

"Because it's our candle light in the dark."

'Why don't you just give in already? Like the others.'

"Because I know the mindshit you're pulling here, asshat. You can't full someone who's dealt with this their entire life." I growled while it chuckled

'You know you can't save him? You're just some washed up so called hero who has murdered more then a dozen people.'

I smiled since only Ross knew of that, "That makes two of us right? You've drove so many people insane."

'All for a good cause.' I could hear it smirk just as Danny's head started to weep even more

"Whatever you believe in. . . Besides I know what you are anyway. You maybe some mysterious being to everyone one else, but to me I can see you as clear as day." I told it as my hands moved up and down Ross' lower back to show that I'm still here

I could tell that it was angry in its silence. Until it replied,

'Evil in its truest form can be seen by another wolf in sheep's clothing.'

With that it left. Satisfied with what it wanted to do to me. I just sighed as I shifted my position to make myself more comfortable. Ross all the while clinging to me like a newborn. I couldn't help but smile, planting yet another kiss to him. I couldn't lose him to the monster that kept him prisoner here. That thing that's infected him. The monster that haunts his dreams. That's why I'm here. That's why he captured me first. Since he knew that I'd still help fuel his hope.

"Maxs. . ." Barney mumbled as I looked up and met his and Red's gaze, "We still believe in you. . . In Skys. . . In hopes"

And I smiled at them before they disappeared. On the table Barney's weakened form brought their fists to his face and kissed it. This only fuel me even more.

For the battle of a monster against a monster.

A nightmare against a night terror

Ross's hope against his insanity

Because you better remember what I'm about to say next you fucker

He's still there

We're still here

With our hope burning more than that fucking redstone sun

-----

P13h 3m

P13h 3m. . . S3h T0g 3M