Chapter 3

Okay I can't tell you how sorry I am, I know I need to get into the habit of updating more and I will I promise.

Onto other things wow guys 1k reads! I almost choked, literally. Thank you all so much you are all beautiful!!!
Also the reason I am updating at this time is because I'm sick.
Yes I know it sucks. But anyway let's carry on with the chapter, shall we.

As  i fly out my window I look around to find some trouble I can get myself into that may coax batman out of hiding, looking around I luckily see around eight gigantic trucks surrounding the local bank, out got around twice a dozen men with menacing clown faces or perhaps they are masks? Anyhow this is quite the scene they have weapons also, not the normal weapons either massive machines guns and more.
"C'mon batman, hurry and join the fun!" I say just before I swing down behind one of the massive trucks. Slipping inside the passenger side, I grinned at the driver and with one swift movement I had kicked him in the jaw and he was out cold. Grabbing his mask and overly large coat I slipped on the disguise and joined the line of attackers reaching for my own weapon, a silver pistol with angel wings carved onto it. I normally have two but meh ones fine.
I joined the fight but not attacking the civilians but the clowns instead I punched, kicked and shot until every last one was down, only then did I take of the clown clothes. I quickly ran to the large metal safe that hung open, there I spotted two last goons piling cash into two brown sacks "for gods sake!" I say before shooting them both in the head.
"They keep just turning up,kinda like rats." Sniggering to myself I gingerly pick up the bags and fly past staircases and onto the roof. Wind twisted my (hair length ) (hair colour) around my back as I whipped around searching desperately to see the man in black, batman. Once I stopped turning I felt his presence behind me, it felt warm and welcoming, nonetheless I whipped around and went to swipe him on the side of his head which he caught my wrist to, our eyes danced in fiery passion, I saw in his eyes the unbearable need to be in each others arms, we had to be together in that split second I had to be with him, withought a doubt his hand faltered slightly as he slowly let go of my wrist, I saw him slowly bend down to grasp the bags of money, "I'm sorry." I whispered to him as I kneed him in the stomach, grabbed the bags and leapt of the roof.
Guilt spread like wild fire throughout my body, how could I have done that to him? I thought to myself hot tears blinded my vision as I whirled to the left and flew back home. I clambered through my window in a rushed state, throwing the bags under my bed. My breathing was rapid and unsteady, all I could think of is how his pain was tearing me apart.

I walked into the bathroom after cooling down and washed my face, I grabbed some sweat pants and a big T-shirt, had a shower got changed and slumped into bed, my wet hair sprawled all around me I got under the welcoming covers of my duvet and drifted to sleep, the last thing I remember was thanking the heavens it was a weekend.

Getting up in the morning has always been a trouble for me but now you see it's the weekend and I have no reason to have to get up. The thought of this brought a smile to my face. Looking at the clock I saw it was only six AM. So I rolled back into bed and slept for another two hours, after that I couldn't take it any longer I got up had a shower, got dressed into some yoga pants a sports bra and a hoody, got my iPod and 20 dollars and set of on a lovely morning jog around Gotham park. Lovely scenery and the crisp morning air seems to always put me into a more agreeable mood. But who do I meet on my morning jog other than the eligible Mr. Wayne, who, though I haven't formally met, I know many details about his, very, let's say luxurious lifestyle. I Watched him stop and rest on a bench for a while and I took this as my sign to move in. I stealthily sat on the bench and waited. 5.4.3.2.1 I counted in my mind just then he turned to me and greeted me with a classic "have I met you before?" I almost laughed in his face talk about classics just as I turned to him, about to reply i caught his eyes, I was stunned unable to move under their bearing gaze, frightening yet appealing, passionate yet stone cold, merciful yet cruel. I didn't know what to say I opened my mouth as if to say something but then immediately closed it again, unsure. He repeated his question, unwillingly I broke our gaze and answered a shaky "n-no." I took my time to breath and regain my confidence when I looked at him again this time the fire burning in my eyes. He was caught of guard by the sudden change. "My name is Catherine, Catherine Linken. nice to meet you." I say proudly extending my hand. After seeing his eyes I offered up a false name easily. Seemingly confused he took my hand, electricity flowed as we touched, an unknown sensation to me. We shook hands, "my name is Bruce Wayne." Mr Wayne said looking memorised in my eyes. I sharply stood up and surveyed my surroundings children played, men and women walked around and some people jogged, I saw not too far away a small coffee shop. Stretching I extended a hand to Bruce and helped him up. "Shall we go get some coffee?" I asked
"If you wouldn't mind me accompanying you on such a fine day, mam." He replied in a low respectful tone. " of course not!" I replied in a cheerful tone a warm smile adorned my face. We walked and chattered along after reaching the coffee house we sat in a small table facing each other, mesmerised we spent the day laughing and joking talking about nonsense and movies and books. It was perfect until the real world finally sunk in and we realised the we had spent the whole day in one spot it was dark outside! I creased my eyebrows in disappointment for I truly did not want to leave him. But sadly I had too.I cleared my throat and stood up "I'm so sorry but it is very late and I must be getting home." I stated confidently with a regretful look on my face, almost immediately Bruce stood up and offered to walk me home which I politely declined. " thank you so much for your kindness" I said as I leant closer to him and pecked him on the cheek. "Wait!" Bruce called after me and when I turned around he handed me a small card and said "if you ever need anything just call." I smiled and said "so your not going to ask me to dinner?" I asked in a joking tone. "Well I didn't know if ... If."he replied "tomorrow at eight meet here?" I questioned. "Yes, and wear formal." He stated and with that he walked around the corner. "What a man!" I murmured and with that I set of for home.
Entering my apartment I was light hearted and happy, I walked in chucked my stuff down and sat down on my couch, I felt like everything was perfect until I remembered that I had told him my name was Catherine. Oh well I thought I didn't trust him and I still don't, where did I even get the name Catherine I looked around in exasperation when I noticed a thick brown book next to my couch with silver writing on the front which boldly spelt 'Wuthering Heights' oh yes, I thought for a moment then i said out loud "you do remind me of Heathcliff, those eyes with anger and passion which also show love and kindness but they show hate and cruelty, darkness and-and tragedy that is what your eyes are Mr Wayne, that is what they show. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding and walked to bed. I laid my head on my pillow and sighed. "You will be the death of me Mr Wayne, and I can't even do myself the kindness of staying away." I smiled as I drifted to sleep.  

Wow! Dramatic sorry for the Wuthering Heights bit I just love it so much! Also question would you guys absolutely kill me if I incorporated Marvel characters in my story? I'm still not sure also what do you want to happen? I have vague plan of what might happen tehehe anyway please vote,comment and follow thank you.
None of the characters in or mentioned in this story are not mine they belong to their creators the only thing that belongs to me is the story line.
Thanks again guys, bye.