1.

2016 March

Hriduya got up early that day.It was 5 a.m when she opened her eyes.She turned to her left to see Rhithvik who was still in his deep sleep.His face was stern even during his sleep.She let out a deep breath.
She then got out of her bed and went to the bathroom.She came out in half an hour.She dressed herself in a simple saree and looked at Rhithvik.She always imagined that he would wake up to see her and smile at her.She wanted her husband to hug her from behind and give her a little shock and then kiss her on her cheek and praise her beauty which never happened.He either ignored her or got into a quarrel whenever she spoke to him.She sighed and combed her hair.She was lost in thoughts and the comb slipped from her hand and fell on the dressing table causing the things on it scatter with a loud sound.
She looked at Rhithvik with frightened face and hurriedly picked up all the things.
Rhithvik opened his eyes and gave her an irritated look.
"What the hell are you doing at this time?",he shouted.

"I ...... accidentally dropped......the",she stammered.

"Shut up and get out",he shouted and went back to sleep.

Hriduya could not control her tears.She slowly came out of the room.She opened the main door.The fresh cool air brushed her soft skin.
She watered the plants for another 10 minutes and then came to the kitchen to prepare her coffee.A cup of coffee was all the happiness she got every morning.Every day her day would start or end up in tears and she desperately longed to talk to someone,someone who could really comfort her.

She started preparing breakfast when she heard Rhithvik's voice.She went to his room at once.
"Did you call me?",she asked.
"Bring me my coffee",he said
She turned around when he called again
"And the newspaper also",he added.

She went to the kitchen to prepare his coffee.
It was 7 a.m and they were seated to have their breakfast.
He ate silently most of the time looking at his phone.
She glanced at him now and then and ate quietly.
"How is the breakfast.I made your favourite chappatis with egg burji",she initiated the conversation.

"OK",he said without glancing.

"You remember we used to have this almost everyday when we were in love",she added happily.

He glanced at her and said,"I vaguely remember those days"
She felt very disappointed and chose not to speak anymore.

He got up after eating,took his bag and went out of house.

She washed both their dishes and went to the balcony.
She looked at the nature filled scenery.She saw the couple who were walking hand in hand down the road.She wondered why God took away those happy moments from her.
Rhithvik was a witty guy.She liked him for his humour and enjoyed being with him.He loved her very much and wanted to marry her.His parents were not very happy with the marriage but Rhithvik was stubborn.Everything was good until their marriage.She thanked God so many times for giving her what she wanted and dreamed of a happy life but everything changed after marriage.It was so sudden that she could not accept the fact.It took her few months to realize the true nature of Rhithvik.

"How could he disguise his rude nature all these days.What made him pretend to me.", she thought.
It was always a mystery to her.

She heard a movement behind her and was startled.
Rhithvik was standing there glaring at her.
"What are you doing here.I thought you would be in office",she said pretending to be normal.

He pulled her hand violently to the door.
"Rhithvik leave me.It is hurting",she cried.

He pushed her to the door.
She looked at him confused.
"How many times have I told you to lock the door after I leave.",he shouted.

"So you pulled me like that to show the door?",she asked
"Not the door you fool the opened door.Don't you know a woman staying alone should always keep the door closed",he shouted.
"Don't shout Rhithvik.You are getting on my nerves.I can take care of myself",she shouted in return.
"Bull shit and what about this house and the furniture and the money.Can you still take care of them when someone comes to rob",he said.
"No one will come here to rob your precious house and I always lock it after you leave",she said.

"You don't know the value of money.You don't know how hard I have worked to earn all this.You simply while away your time by keeping the door opened and gaping outside from the balcony",he said.

She inhaled deeply."I will close the door and be a watch dog for your house here after",she said calmly.

"You better be",he said and took his office keys.He banged the door and left.She locked the door immediately.She went to the kitchen and drank some water to calm down her rapidly beating heart.