Chapter 5: The Departure

"Get up princess, we have to move!" Elyza exclaimed taking Alicia's blanket.
Alicia quickly opened her eyes, and glared at Elyza. It's been five days since the blonde Australian girl has arrived in the penthouse, and Alicia still couldn't stand her.
"Wow" Elyza exclaimed noticing Alicia's glare. "You don't like it when I call you princess, do you princess?"
"You know the answer" Alicia sighed, and get up to leave the room.
"Alicia?" Madison called when she saw her daughter. "Are your stuffs ready?"
"Yeah I packed everything yesterday" Alicia responded. "Please mom, don't let her get in the same car as me" she begged.
"You'll come with me and your brother" Madison answered. "She'll go with Daniel, Ofelia and Victor while Travis and Chris will take the pickup"
"You know I can ride my motorcycle" Elyza said behind Alicia, making the girl roll her eyes.
"We put it in the pickup this morning " Madison said. "Unless if you really want to drive it"
"Oh no it's ok" Elyza said with a shrug.
A genuine smile appeared on her lips. It's been a while since she went on a trip with some people, and this time she wasn't traveling with people of her age, but a family. She had became a good friend of Nick and Victor, and she really liked Madison and Travis. Daniel had changed his mind about her, he even taught her how too shoot quickly and how to hide and have a good view if she had to be attacked by living people. She got along with Ofelia and Chris, Chris being a typical sixteen years old boy and Ofelia was really nice, but shy. But with Alicia, it was totally different. Alicia hated her, but she didn't care. Actually she really liked to be around her, but she didn't know why. Well actually, she was trying to convince herself she didn't know, but deep down she knew.
"So, what's the plan?" Elyza asked, taking a cigarette and lightning it up.
Alicia turned her head and glared at the blonde, and Elyza understood the smoke was bothering her. So she walked to the closest window, opened it and rested against the windowsill, turning her back to the outside.
"We'll go east" Madison said. "And then, we don't know. We don't really have a plan you know"
"Who does ?" Elyza asked with a shrug. "The world is screwed up"
"Maybe we can find other survivors" Ofelia suggested entering the room. "After all, maybe it's our best chance to survive"
"I don't know if it's our best chance to survive" Elyza said with a smirk. "But it's our best chance to combat loneliness and nervous breakdown"
"Yeah sure thing" Alicia said rolling her eyes. "I'll bring my stuffs in the car"
With that, she went in her room to take her backpack.
"Wow she hates you more than she hates me" Nick exclaimed at the door.
"Don't be silly" Elyza said rolling her eyes. "She loves you. I can see it."
With a chuckle, Nick shrugged his shoulders and looked at Madison.
"Mom ?" He called.
"Yes yes" Madison sighed, then took her purse and followed her son in the living room.
"He's not getting better, is he ?" Elyza asked Ofelia.
"Not really" Ofelia sighed.
"How did you met ?"
"Chris, Travis and his ex wife Liza hid in my father's shop when all of this started."
Elyza nodded, and threw her cigarette end by the widow.
"Hey !" She heard Chris protest from outside.
"Sorry!" Elyza apologised, and she and Ofelia started to laugh.
"Need help?" Elyza asked when she saw Alicia getting out of her room with a lot of stuffs.
"No" Alicia responded, and continued her way toward the door entrance.
She started to walk downstairs, but she was carrying so much stuffs she almost fell.
"Easy princess !" Elyza said grabbing Alicia before she fall. "Give me that"
She took one of Alicia's bag, and the brunette turned her head to look at the blonde.
"Thanks" she said with an half smile.
"No problem" Elyza responded with her usual smirk on her lips, and they both continued to walk downstairs.
When all of the stuffs were in the cars, they were finally ready to go.
"So" Travis said, standing in front of his pickup truck to look at the map that was on the hood of the car. "We'll drive to Nevada, and after that we'll continue east."
"It's going to be a long travel" Victor sighed. "We really need to find a plan"
"For now the plan is to find a safe place."
Victor nodded in agreement, and they all get in the cars, then drove away for a long trip.