Chapter 14: The Apartment

"I think we're safe now." Alicia said.
She left Elyza and locked the door, then checked around the apartment to be sure no infected could come in there, and that they could leave quickly if needed. Then she went in the bathroom, and came back with a towel.
"There's no water" she said sitting down next to Elyza.
"Check in my backpack" the blonde said. "I have a bottle of water."
Alicia opened the backpack, and took the bottle and opened it. Then she started cleaning Elyza's cuts with the wet towel, when the blonde winced in pain.
"Sorry" Alicia apologised.
"No it's ok. It's my ankle"
With a frown, Alicia kneeled in front of Elyza and slowly took her foot, removing carefully her shoe and her sock.
"It's red and swollen, but I don't think it's broken" Alicia said in a gentle voice.
She stood up and looked around the apartment, and smiled when she found what she was looking for. She took the first aid kit and sat back down in front of Elyza. She opened it, took a compress and put some alcohol on it, then pressed it on Elyza's ankle. Elyza winced in pain, and took a deep breath, while Alicia was putting a bandage around the ankle.
"Here" Alicia said with a little smile. "It will be better like this."
"Thank you" Elyza said, and Alicia stood up and sat down next to her.
"Let me remove your jacket, you have a serious cut on your arm"
Elyza nodded, and Alicia carefully took off the jacket. Under the leather jacket Elyza was wearing a tank top, and Alicia noticed she had a wonderful big tattoo on her right arm.
"Wow" Alicia exclaimed, starting to clean the cuts.
"What ?" Elyza asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Well we sleep in the same room, and I've never noticed your tattoo"
A smile appeared on Elyza's lips.
"It's not the only one" she said. "I have an other here" she pointed to the back of her neck "and here" she pointed to her lower back.
With a little smile, Alicia nodded her head, continuing to take care of Elyza's wound.
"Thank you" Elyza said. "For saving my life"
"No need to thank me, I'll never abandon you" Alicia said with a little smile. "But to be honest, I have no idea how you survived alone"
They both giggled, and Elyza took a deep breath.
"I haven't always been alone, you know" she said in a low voice.
"What do you mean?" Alicia asked softly.
"When all of this started, I wasn't alone. After running away from the soldiers I met some people. We spent months together but one day, infected found our hiding place, and I lost them when we ran away. I was alone for almost three weeks when I met you"
She raised her eyes toward Alicia and met her look.
"Why didn't you tell me about them?" Alicia asked.
Elyza shrugged her shoulders.
"I don't know, actually. But I miss them"
"Tell me more about them" Alicia said now curious.
A smile appeared on Elyza's lips.
"They were six" she said. "There was Meghan, a girl from Texas I loved a lot. Like a friend, of course. There was Kyle, Meghan's boyfriend. They're together since they're twelve." Alicia raised an eyebrow, surprised. "There were Olivia, and her big brother Adam, they come from Canada. Adam was a real dick when I met him. Always treating me as if I was stupid. But it changed when I told him I went in jail for armed robbery. Since this day he was nicer. He even taught me how to use a gun, and started flirting with me. Meghan told me he had a crush on me, but I told her I was a lesbian, and I think she told him because he immediately stopped." She and Alicia slowly giggled, the brunette was still staring at the blonde, as she had finished the bandage. "And there were Ricky and Jacob. Those two idiots I really loved. They were two geeks from Kansas, no need to say they were totally excited about the whole zombies apocalypse thing. Even when they tried to kill them." She and Alicia laughed again, and finally Elyza sighed. "I hope they're okay"
"I'm sure they are" Alicia said. "They're probably looking for you"
"I'm not sure" Elyza sighed.
"Don't say that!" Alicia exclaimed, and put a hand on the blonde's cheek to make her turn her head and look at her in the eyes. "No matter what you think" she said making circles on Elyza's cheek with her thumb. "You do matter"
Elyza stared at Alicia, and her look lowered to her lips then quickly raised back to her green eyes. Alicia was continuing to caress the blonde's cheek, and bit her lip when the need to kiss her came back. Maybe it was stupid to resist, after all. They didn't know how many times they would live, everything could be over the next day or the next week. So why resisting? Why pushing away the girl - and she had to admit it, she had to accept it - she was in love with? The girl who risked her life for her, and she did exactly the same thing less than twenty minutes ago? Alicia was ready to die for her, she proved it. And so did Elyza. So yes, it was ridiculous to push Elyza away, to push these feelings away, in this world where the life wasn't safe anymore. With a last glance to the blonde's lips, she leaned in and put her lips on Elyza's, slowly, softly, and quickly pulled away to look at Elyza, waiting for her reaction. Elyza was first surprised, but Alicia didn't wait any longer and put her lips on the older girl's again. The kiss was first soft, but finally became more passionate, full of need and desire, need and desire they had for each other. Elyza put her hand on the back of Alicia's neck, and the younger girl could feel the tongue of the girl she loved caressing her lips softly, and she opened her mouth allowing the access. Elyza was finally the one to dominate the kiss, and her other hand slowly made its way up on Alicia's leg, and slowly slipped under Alicia's shirt, and slowly caressed her torso right under her breasts. At this moment, Alicia quickly pulled away breaking the kiss, and looked worriedly at Elyza. The older girl immediately understood what was going on. She went to far.
"Sorry" she apologised, removing her hands from under Alicia's shirt and from behind her neck.
But Alicia quickly put her hand on Elyza's over the shirt.
"No wait!" She said in a low voice, looking at Elyza right in the eyes. "It's just ..." She hesitated. "It's just haven't done this before"
Elyza slowly smile.
"It's okay. We can wait."
"No !" Alicia said a bit desperate.
Elyza was still staring at her in the eyes, and could see that she was looking at her with admiration, love, and desire.
"Please" Alicia begged her in a low voice.
Biting her lip, Elyza slowly nodded and removed Alicia's jacket, then her shirt. She carefully pressed her body against hers, and started kissing her again. Then she slowly lied her on the bed, and placed herself over Alicia.