Mind- linking

I sit there on the blue bed in the pack hospital and play with my fingers. My legs against my chest as if to protect myself from harm. Beck's scent hits me. Pine and honey. I smell the air and feel my muscles relax a bit.

He walks in and my breath hitches. He holds my phone in his hand and his face shows strong emotions of anger. His eyes flicker from black to his warm brown color. I stand rather quickly to soothe him but soon I find out my legs feel weak under me. I stumble and almost fall but Beck is quick. He catches me and places me back on the bed. At the lost of his contact on my skin I sigh and he smiles and touches my arm. Sparks slowly climb up my arm, almost hauntingly. They linger there for a second before he moves his hand to mine. He entwines our fingers and kisses my forehead.

I smile and he sighs after pulling away. He gives a sad smile. I look at him confused. He shakes his head. He dismisses any thought I would have had.

Beta, I need you to watch my mate for a while. I hear Beck's voice. I look at him but his lips aren't moving as he talks. And if you dare touch her, you will not see another ray of sunshine.

Beck?

Beck looks at me.

Lex? I smile.

Oh my goddess. We can finally mind-link.

He walks to me and kisses my lips ever so gently. I love you.

I pull away and smile. I love you too.