: 24

Chauncey's POV:

It's finally October, and I'm in a good place! I've finished my first semester of my senior year, and I'm ready to finish this out by December. I've packed all of my things, and have transported them to the front of the facility. The first person I said goodbye to was Monica, who was a crying mess. Not only because I was leaving, but because Xay and I broke up. The next person was Officer Berry, who I thanked for checking on me and always making sure that I was good. Then there was Regan.

" It's so hard to do this. " he busted out crying, making me cry.

 " he busted out crying, making me cry

" Re, don't do this, please. " I mumbled. " You will always be my friend, and I've been in here long enough to have memorized the address. " we chuckled. " Ya'll have visitation next week, and guess whose gonna' be here? Me, bitch! "

" Chauncey, I love you! You have inspired me, supported me, and have just been an overall great person. Maybe we can move in one day? "

" Yeah, because you know how to pay bills, these other hoes don't. " we laughed before hugging one more time.

I said my last goodbye's, walking outside to the car. I tossed my bags into the trunk, getting into the car and reminiscing on this journey. I was glad that I made my mistakes, look at me? Look at where I was? A great best friend, a great boyfriend, and great people to support you? It gets no better than that!

" Thought you would want this. " my mother handed me my phone.

" Thanks, but being here made me appreciate the old-school ways. " I smiled as my father pulled out, heading home.

I held down the power button of my phone, and the white apple showed up on the screen. My front screen showed the picture, and I locked it. Next thing you know, my phone goes off with every notification sound. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, iMessage. I didn't even bother checking it, I just put my headphones in and rode the ride out.

Tia's POV:

My bitch comes home today, I'm super excited! Yandy and I are at his parents house, doing all the small last minute stuff. Suddenly, they pulled up into the yard and we scurried, getting into place. I saw Chauncey, and I wanted to scream right then and there. Within seconds, the door opened and there stood my baby.

" Surprise! " Yandy and I exclaimed, running over to him.

" I told you I smelt that food, mother. " he chuckled.

" Whatever. " she sat her purse down and walked to the kitchen.

He got unpacked and Yandy and I took this as the time to get the tea. Extra sweet, steaming hot.

" So, what happened with you and Mr. Eyez? " Yandy shimmied.

" We broke up. " he stated and we gasped.

" What the fuck, why? " I inquired.

" We're going down two different paths, and I don't need the stress. " he explained.

" I kinda' feel you on that. " Yandy agreed.

" Plus, I took my ACT and SAT, so I'm going to California. " we all danced. That was the plan after high school, going to college in Los Angeles.

" What did you make? " I asked.

" ACT, a 28, and SAT, 1020. "

" You smart ass, hoe! " Yandy whined. " We still ain't took ours. "

" Yes, plus a nigga graduate in December, so I'll see you guys at graduation. I'll be cheering you on. "

Yandy's POV:

" Even though I'm salty, I'm proud of you boo! " I kissed his cheek and Tia did the same.

" Oh, but that's not the best part. While I was locked down, I got a letter from somebody who was locked up. " he informed us.

" Andre? " we replied, simultaneously.

He reached into his dresser, pulled out the letter and handed it to us. My jaw was dropped the whole time, I could not believe it.

" Are you going to see him? " Tia asked.

" I'm thinking about it. " he shrugged.

" Normally I would say stay away, but I really think that you should go. It'll help you get closure. " Tia suggested.

" Hold up, I hope you didn't leave Eyez for him? "

" Girl no, I'm single by choice. "