: 23

Xay's POV:

Graduation is next week, and we get our scores back today. It's been a month since I talked to Chauncey, and that has taken a lot of my motivation. I've even tried to get Regan to reach out, but he has had no luck. There was a knock on my door, and I quickly opened it. There it was! The envelope that held my scores. There was also a letter, but I didn't care for that. I closed the door, sitting the envelope down on my desk. I sighed, interlocking my fingers, nervously. There was another knock, and I walked over to the door, opening it.

" Xay, I'm sorry! Something came up, and it really made me lose focus on what was important to me. My life, my education, and mostly you! Xavier, I've realized that we don't have the same plans, and I....... " I put my finger to his mouth, bringing him in to a long hug.

" Do me a favor, and help me open that envelope? "

" Already ahead of you. " he pulled his out of his pocket and smiled.

" What did you make? " I asked.

" It's not about me, just know that I passed. " he patted me on the back and we walked over to the desk.

I opened the envelope, caressing the two sheets of paper. First ACT. I needed a 20, but I made a 25. Chauncey cheered and I could feel the tears starting to swell up. Now SAT. I needed a 900, but a made 1025. I fell over onto Chauncey's shoulder, crying.

" What did I tell you, huh? Didn't I tell you that you were smart? Pick yo' head up, you did it! You can finally live your dreams. " he wiped the tears away from my face. I gave him a few quick kisses. " What's that other sheet? "

I picked up the letter and really lost it! It was a letter congratulating me, saying that I have received my diploma and I will be graduating next week.

Regan's POV:

Today is graduation day, and also Xay's last day here. Chauncey is excited, which is weird to me. Your man is about to leave your ass, so why are you walking around here happy?

" Boy, what the hell is your problem? " I asked him.

" Whatchu' mean? "

" Did you getchu' some dick while you were getting Xay ready? " I questioned.

" No, I did not. Still a virgin. Can you say the same thing? "

" Chaun, are you throwing? Because Kyle ain't hit shit! " I slapped him in the back of his head and we walked out the door.

We walked to the back area of the facility, taking a seat in the white chairs. I smiled, seeing Xay's mother and sisters proudly walk over to their seats. The chairs quickly started to fill up, and the ceremony soon started. It went by pretty quickly, so that made me happy.

" Xavier Almari White. " Chauncey and I cheered, as well as Xay's family. He looked at us, smiling widely.

Chauncey's POV:

The ceremony finally ended, and everyone indulged in conversation. I made my way over to Xay, who hugged me tightly, not trying to let go.

" Can we talk? " I escorted him away from everybody.

" Let me start by saying that I can start in December. " he informed me.

" What, oh my gosh! " I shook my head. " Look at you, you did it! "

" You're not coming? " he asked.

" No. " I shook my head. " Xavier, I want you to move on and live your life! It's not meant for us to be together, forever. I've served my purpose, and that was to get you to open up and stay that way. I don't want you to be tied down on this first chance to live your life, the right way! I will always love you, and that's never going to change. " I tried to say without crying.

" Baby boy, you know that's going to be hard right? " a tear fell down his cheek. " I love you, too. Always will. This is not the end for us, we will definitely be friends. As soon as you get out of here, I'm reaching out. I'll find you! "

" You sound like a creep. " we both chuckled. He kissed me on my forehead, and we hugged once more.

" Promise me that you'll remember me, and come see me? " he grabbed my waist, pulling me into him.

" I promise. " I gave him a deep kiss, and trust me, he left his mark.