: 09

Regan's POV:

" Yo', you lucky as fuck! "

" Not really. He gotta' let go of them demons first! " Chauncey turned the bathroom light off, going to put on his cologne.

" Yeah, I feel you on that. My auntie used to tell me all the time, make sure that the person you attach yourself to shares your energy. " I nodded to show that I understood.

" Somebody confirms that I'm not crazy. You look nice! " he complimented me while fixing himself up. We both had on the same thing, except his was black with white stripes. I had on red Balenciaga's and he settled for red vans . I accessorized with my gold grill and gold watch.

" Hmmm, Xay gonna' be eyeing that ass tonight. " I smiled.

" Boy, don't play with me. " he retorted, putting his grill and sliding his watch on.

" You stay trying to be like me, dontchu'? "

He scoffed, walking out of the room. I followed him, locking the door and walking to the elevator. I wish we could have taken a selfie, but these hoes took our phones. We made it to the lobby, heading left into the party area. The music was blasting and we both jigged while walking towards everyone. We spoke to a few people on the way to a corner.

" Bitch, you see Xay? Daaaaaaaamnnnn! "

 He wore these distressed shorts, folded up at the knee, a white t-shirt, and his white Maxes

He wore these distressed shorts, folded up at the knee, a white t-shirt, and his white Maxes. He was bobbing his head back and forth until he looked over at us. He smiled, slowly making his way over.

" Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit! " I danced in excitement.

Chauncey's POV:

" Happy birthday! " I hugged Xay and he hugged back.

" How'd you know? " he side-eye'd me.

" I have my ways. " I looked over at Regan who was grinning and still dancing.

How Do I Breathe by Mario boomed through the speakers. I don't know who in the hell was in their feelings, but they needed to cut it out! Before I could walk off, Xay gently grabbed my hand and was walking me to the dance floor. He pulled me into his chest, giving me a nose full of his cologne.

" So, since I'm the birthday boy...... " he started. I chuckled, shaking my head at him. " Can I ask of you a favor? "

" Depends on what that is. " I replied, swaying in sync with him.

" I just want a kiss. " he smiled, showing his pearly whites. " I got rid of as many bad things that I could. "

" Well, you did try, so.......... "

Our lips met, giving each other a quick peck. I smiled, grabbing his neck and pulling him in for a deeper kiss. We kissed slowly, swirling our tongues together in harmony. He grabbed my butt, giving it a big squeeze and I laughed.

" Best birthday ever. " he smiled.

Xay's POV:

Today was visitation day, and I was oddly excited! I've really been trying the forgive and forget thing, and I'm feeling so much better. I don't hold on to anger, negativity, doubt, worry, no confidence. Hey, I'll be on the good side with my baby in no time.

" Aye, boy? Your folks here. " Officer Anthony informed me. I looked in the mirror one last time before going to the large meeting area. I was greeted by my mother and two sisters.

" Xavier? " Carter yelled, running over to hug me. Dior soon followed.

" Can ya'll get off my baby? " my mother demanded. They backed away and she just stared at me. " Either it's the sun, or you're glowing? "

I blushed.

" Damn, who is it? " Dior threw her hands up.

" Well, how ya'll been? " I changed the subject.

" Good, good. We miss you! " we all sat down and talked.

" I miss you guys, too! "

" Hold on, something ain't right. "Carter stated, feeling my forehead. I slapped her hand away.

" I'm changing, that's a good thing. " I smiled.

" And it is, I'm so proud of you. When are you coming home? " my mother asked in a hopeful way.

" Well......... " I hesitated. " I think I want to stay slightly longer. I haven't grabbed control over everything yet, and I still need to work on myself. "

" No shade, but that's what I wanted to hear. " they all laughed.