: 16

Chauncey's POV:

I was so excited to be back, mainly because of the self-esteem class. I was learning so much, then that was taken away and that left me with nothing but school and work. I walked into the room, instantly gaining a smile from Mr. Frank.

" Chauncey? "

" Yes, Mr. Frank. How I missed this room. " I looked around.

" We all missed you, too! " he stated.

The room started to fill up and everyone greeted and hugged me. Xay came walking through the door, taking his regular seat by me. Within no time, Mr. Frank started today's lesson.

" Okay, today's lesson is about behavior in public. Manners, body language, appearance, everything. I've decided to do something that I do yearly, depending on the students. We will be going out, and I will be letting you all hang out. This is a test of everything you've learned so far, and you know what the consequences of acting up are. For now, I'll see what you guys know. " he opened the floor for questions and everybody raised their hands. I was actually very proud, seeing what happened the first day.

" We'll start with you, Tim. " he pointed.

" Well, for one, your pants should not be scrubbing the ground. " Tim stated and we all agreed.

" Uhh, think twice. Somebody might step on your shoes by accident, and you shouldn't freak out. "

" And that's a good one! That's the root of why I'm in here. " I agreed, quietly.

" Be a gentleman. " Xay added.

" Use common sense. " one boy blurted out, covering his mouth.

" No, that's actually one word that can sum up all of the actions! " Mr. Frank chuckled. " Common sense will keep you out of trouble. "

After the session, I had at least 2 hours to spare before I had to report to work. I went to the activity room, just to see what I could get into.

" So, you're the new boy? " a deep voice asked me just as I got to the door.

" Uhhh, I've been here for almost 6 months, so........ "

" And I'm just now seeing you? " he chuckled. " Well, I'm Steven. "

" I'm Chauncey. " we shook hands. " So, you new around here? "

" To these parts, yeah. " he nodded.

" Babe? " Xay interrupted our conversation, walking over to me.

" This is....... "

" I know, Steven. " he stated. " Is there a problem? "

" Naw, I was just introducing myself. " Steven smiled.

Monica's POV:

I had just put the phone back on the hook when I heard this familiar voice call out my name. I looked to my left and there stood Chauncey. I squealed, getting up to hug him.

" Boy, I missed you! Where in the hell have you been? " I asked as he clocked in.

" What, you didn't hear about the fight? "

" I did, but I didn't know that you would be gone for so long. " I cooed.

" Yeah, well you will be seeing me for the rest of my time here. It's hell over there, man! " he stated and I chuckled.

" I can only imagine! "

" So, what's been going on with you? " he asked and I twisted my lips, lifting my brows. " Oh hell, what have you gotten' into? "

" Well, I finally talked to Officer Anthony. " I blushed.

" Here you go with this shit. " he laughed.

" Don't laugh at me, you gonna' be sour once I tell you. " I rolled my eyes.

" Girl, he asked you out on a date? " he shrugged.

" That's why I hate you, and since you wanna' be a smart ass, go deliver the damn mail. " I tried to be serious but I couldn't help but laugh at the way he snatched the white papers.

Steven's POV:

I had just walked out of my room, catching sight of the new boy. He looked up, quickly rolling his eyes at me. That only gave me motivation.

" What do you want? " he asked in an aggravated tone.

" Just want to get to know you. " I leaned on the door.

" You know we'll never be more than friends? "

" Why not? "