: 04

Chauncey's POV:

They all hugged me before I got into the car. My father would be the one dropping me off, and I was not ready for this ride. Even though it was short, I did not want to hear his mouth.

" We know that you can do it, honey. " my mother kissed my forehead.

" Yes, and we will visit you whenever we can. " Yandy smiled and Tia nodded.

" I'll miss ya'll. "

I got into the car and my father pulled off. I waved to them, turning my attention back to the road when they were out of sight.

" You wanna' grab some lunch? " my father asked.

" Sure. "

An hour into the drive, we stopped by this diner. We walked inside, quickly being seated. The waitress took our order, bringing the drinks back and saying that our food would be out shortly.

" So, what's the occasion? " I broke the silence. " After all the disrespect I've given you, you take me to lunch? "

My father chuckled. " Son, I just feel like I failed you. "

" How so? "

" Well, I see why you feel the way you do, seeing as though I just came back three years ago. " he explained. " I wasn't there to teach you things, from a males point of view. Not saying that would change your sexuality, I'm fine with that. I..........I just wish I was there. "

" Dad, it's okay! " I told him. " I'm actually glad that you're back, even though I haven't expressed it. You not being there is not the cause for me running the streets, I just made bad decisions. I let someone force me to do something, even though people warned me. "

" And don't beat yourself up about it, people make mistakes all the time! We just have to learn from them. I love you, Chauncey. " he smiled.

" I love you, too. "

The waitress came back with our food and I had an orgasm. This mac and cheese was so gooey, the cabbage was perfect, the meatloaf was delightful, and the cornbread? God, I'm gonna' have to find the recipe's.

" Enjoying everything? " the diner owner asked us. She was an older lady, looked to be in her 60's.

" Yes ma'am. " my father and I said. " You mind handing over the recipe's? "

" Ha, if only I could. " she patted me on the back, continuing to make her rounds.

We finished our lunch and got back on the road. Within no time, we pulled up to the facility. It was exceptionally nice. I looked at my father who had the same look. We pulled up to the front entrance, parking the car. I got out and grabbed my bags. My father gave me a long hug, waving to me as I walked into the building.

 My father gave me a long hug, waving to me as I walked into the building

Marbled floors, nice furniture.........let me not get my hopes up before I see where I'm sleeping.

" Hello, are you here to check in? " the receptionist asked me.

" Yes, my name is Chauncey Henderson. " she looked at the computer, typing my name in and printing a paper. " That is your school schedule, along with your mandatory hour session. You are only allowed to miss class once every two weeks, unless there are other reasons. Go left here, and then make another left. "

" Thank you. " I went left, going down the long hall. Once I reached the end, I made another left. There were double doors. I looked through the window, watching as the boys sat down, talking and eating. I shyly opened the door, an officer quickly greeting me. He held his hand out for my schedule and smiled.

" So, you're one of them? " he chuckled, showing me to my room. I got glares from some of the other boys, so I returned them.

" What do you mean? "

" Bad in the streets, but good in the schoolhouse. " he looked over his shoulder.

" I guess you can say that. " I shrugged.

We finally arrived to my room and I sighed in relief. A queen sized bed, a nice TV, and a/c. I smiled, admiring everything. How could something so beautiful be in such a place filled with bad people?

" These rooms are for the goodies. Do what you're supposed to do, and it's yours for a year. If you happen to mess up and get taken out, you cannot get your room back until there is another one available. " he explained and I nodded.

" I know there are rules. "

" Yes. " he laughed. " Here. " he handed me a thick packet full of paperwork, as well as other stuff. " Once you get settled in, you can go into the café to eat, then do whatever you want until you're told to come back in here. "

" Got it. " I started to unpack my things.

" By the way, I'm Officer Berry. " he winked, closing my door behind him.