IV. He'll Knock Us Down

DAX

The Temple of Fiends wasn't a scary place.

It was just a dark temple that was home to a vampire like creature.

Even though we were indoors, I could still feel the wind.

"So," Elric began, looking around. "What's the plan? Just walk around until we find something important?" 

I shrugged. I didn't really know what we should do.

"Well, there are a few ways we could go." Hope said, pointing at one of the hallways.

"Yeah. It looks like there's a room at the end of that hallway. Should we risk it?" Lexa asked and looked over at us.

"Well we don't have anything to lose." I answered.

"Uh, hold up." Elric said. "We do have something to lose. We have everything to lose. Don't take this lightly. If one of us dies, it'll be the end."

I started to laugh. "Oh Elric, did you not see that clinic?"

"You and Lexa are just so perfect for each other, are you not?" Hope muttered.

Lexa looked over at me, then at Hope. "Hope, be quiet. I thought you weren't the insulting type."

Hope arched an eyebrow. "Just because I do not use contractions and do white magic, does not mean I cannot insult people. Plus, I cannot control my powers or anything. I was born this way."

"Aw, your parents probably loved you so much. Oh wait, you can't even remember them." Lexa growled.

Elric rolled his eyes. "My gosh, just shut up. We have more important things to do. Your fighting is really getting annoying."

"And so are your lectures." Lexa shot back.

Elric sighed loudly and started tapping his foot.

I walked over to Lexa and pulled her out of the temple, leaving Elric and Hope alone.

Once we got outside, I glared at Lexa. She just looked at me with an annoyed look on her face.

"What is your problem?" I asked. "Why are you fighting with everyone? Jeez."

Instead of answering me, she just walked back into the temple. She obviously didn't care. And I didn't care that she didn't care. If this whole thing failed, I knew who's fault it would be.

When I got back in, everyone was gone.

I could only hear the sound of footsteps.

The temple walls were made out of rock. Blue rock. The floor was also rock. Which didn't surprise me. It was an old temple, so it was going to be made out of things that could be easily reached two thousand years ago. The walls had cracks in them, and the smell of dirt hung in the air.

I started walking slowly down the hallway, watching my step.

The sound of footsteps grew louder and louder, but then the sound disappeared instantly.

It was cold. I was cold.

My cloak wasn't really helping much, but I pushed through.

I finally found the others when I arrived at that room. They stood outside the door, Elric looking sick.

"Um, what happened to him?" I asked, pointing at Elric.

"We ran into a pack of spiders." Hope said, staring at the floor.

"Spiders. Spiders... really, guys? Spiders?" I said, letting out a small laugh.

Lexa glared at me. "You weren't there. You were taking way too long. But they were huge. There was nine of them. Nine huge poisonous spiders."