Prologue

The king slammed his fist on the table and looked at all his knights with anger.

"What has happened to my daughter?" He roared and slapped his drink off the table.

The glass hit the floor and shattered into pieces. The glass sprawled out on the floor, ready to be stepped on by an unsuspecting being.

The king put his head in his hands and began to weep. His daughter was gone. Missing. Someone had taken her. He wasn't sure about that accusation, but it was all he could think of. Nothing else could cross his mind.

All the knights fell silent. The throne room looked bare. The hearts of everyone in the kingdom felt that way as well.

Princess Sarah was gone. Nowhere to be seen.

No one had any clues.

All that existed was sadness. Pure sadness.

 All hope was lost.

Until a maid entered the throne room. The doors slammed behind her. She walked formally to the king and bowed. It was quite random of her to just appear like this, but no one knew of the information she was about to share.

"My dear king," The maid began, swallowing her fear. "I know where your lovely daughter resides."

The king lifted his head and gave her a look of suspicion.

The maid shook the look off and continued. "Garland took her. Late last week I saw a dark figure enter the castle. I thought it was a knight so I ignored it. Then I heard the scream. I ran towards it just to see the face of Garland as he jumped out the window with Sarah in hand."

The king smiled but the smile turned into rage. "Why did you not tell me earlier?" He screeched.

The maid looked down at the ground, tears filling her eyes. She didn't answer.

The king cleared his throat. "No matter."

He started to walk out of the throne room, crown under his arm.

Then the maid said, "Don't go."

The king stopped in his tracks and turned around, looking her in the eye.

"There's a prophecy. Speaking of The Light Warriors who will come carrying Orbs. Each representing an element. They will have the power to defeat Garland and save the world. If anyone else goes, the world will die. Two thousand years ago, the same happened to another king. Five Light Warriors appeared. They didn't make it out alive. But the prophecy says new ones will come. In five days time." The maid whispered.

The king's jaw dropped.

"How do you know?" The king questioned.

"Because I am Matoya." She replied, untying her apron. When it fell to the ground, light started to surround her. She kicked off her shoes and started to walk away. Each step she took resulted in her becoming even more transparent.

The king gasped just as she completely disappeared.

Then out of nowhere, a voice whispered, My crystal ball is missing, help me find it. Send the Warriors just after they find your daughter.

The knights raised their swords just as the king nodded his head.

He closed his eyes just as the words started to replay in his head over and over again.