Chapter Two _SimplyInnocent_

*Chapter 2* -_SimplyInnocent_

*1800*

As I make my way through the paddock, my two sons hanging off each arm, I notice figures walking around the house. I think nothing of it as my wife has her friends visit all the time. Looking back to my sons I think of how blessed I am to have these two angels in my life. I turn back to where we had come from to admire the red sunset on the horizon.

"Ethan, Isaac, sit down with me to watch the sunset." I say, watching their eyes light up as they stare in awe at the horizon. I sit down on the soft grass next to my two boys as they watch the sun slowly sink below the trees.

"It's so beautiful." Isaac whispers, causing me to laugh at his amazement of nature. I look to my right to see the same expression on Ethan's face, mouth open in awe of the sight before them.

After about half an hour of staring at the sunset it had become dark so I walked the boys to the house. The moment I'd finished tucking them into bed and kissed their foreheads I heard a noise coming from my bedroom.

The sight before me is not one any husband ever wishes to see. I stare in shock as I witness my wife making love to one of the local guards. No words were able to leave my mouth, not even a breath. I just stood there, lifeless, as my wife took no notice of me.

When I'd finally woken from my trance I decided to take action. I raced past them to the gun cupboard, my wife screaming as she finally notices my prescence. I grab the closest gun to me and step back to the end of the bed.

"Blaze, no! please don't do this!" Alexia cries, tears pouring down her face.

I point the gun at the man as he tries to cover himself and pull the trigger.

It's when I hear the gasp from her lips that I realise what I'd done wrong. It's when I saw the blood pour from her chest that I'd reallised how badly I'd messed up. It's when I saw the horror in his eyes that I'd realised what I have to do now.

I lift the heavy gun once again and aimed it at his head. I had to kill him, I cannot let my wife be the only one to pay for what they'd done. My revenge will not be satisfied until all that related to my wife's affair had been destroyed. They both must pay for what they have done.

"I'm so sorry, Alexia, I didn't mean for it to end like this for you. I wanted us to be happy and live our lives together. Why would you do this to me, Alexia? Why would you do this to us? Who is to look after the children?" I whisper, the tears slowly pouring down my cheeks.

I look beside the bed to the gun that lays on the floor. I can't do this to my children. The silent message the gun is sending me is enough for me to leave. I can't do this to my children. They need a father, but would they want the father that murdered their mother? Would they ever forgive their father for taking their mother away from them?

Suddenly the gun looks ever so tempting again. The tears fall harder. The inability to walk growing. How could I have done this to my children? How could I have done this to myself?

The anger builds up inside of me as the guilt becomes too much to handle. I look around the empty yard as I stumble out the back door for something I can use to help me through this. And that's when I see it. Leaning against the shed was the pistol I'd used to teach my son to shoot cans with. I stumbled towards it, ripping it from its position against the metal and falling to my knees. My head spins as i point the gun to my head.

"Goodbye my sons, I love you so much."