19. The Next Step

A/N- hello! Here is the last chapter. I'm so sorry it took forever to finish this book but you guys still supported it despite me putting it on hold for so long. I really appreciate it and love you all, it means the world to me.

I'll have a bit more of a longer a/n at the end of this so for now enjoy xx

*****

It'd been a week since Regionals and the whole studio was still buzzing. After I got home from the competition, my mum and dad were so happy to hear that we'd won. My dad then suggested we go out for a family dinner and my brother finally came out of his room for once and joined us.

We went to a really nice Italian restaurant and I really enjoyed spending time with them because I hadn't had the chance. I was just so busy with classes and rehearsing for regionals but now that competition season is over, things are easing. I'm still taking classes but I figured I deserve a bit of a rest also.

Today I'm spending the day at the studio just to catch up on my ballet classes and work on my technique.

Once I arrive at the studio, I sign in and make my way to the foyer.

"Oh, hi Brooklyn."

I turn around and see Paris standing there smiling at me.

"Hi." I smile and sit down to put on my pointe shoes.

"Catching up on some classes?"

"Yeah I figured I'd get back into some training before the Christmas break."

"Me too." She says and I nod.

It's a little awkward due to the silence and I honestly don't know what to say. This whole year Paris has hated me and I still don't know why or what I did. Maybe she was jealous? Who knows. But now she is being nice to me?

Let's just say I'm very confused.

"Why do you hate me?"

"What?"

"All year you've been nothing but mean to me and I didn't even do anything wrong. Now all of a sudden you're being nice to me..."

"I was jealous of you because you were the new girl and everybody liked you. I wanted the attention and figured if I was mean to you and everyone else, the attention would be back on me. I was also mad that you and Elliot were getting close. But I was wrong and I'm sorry for everything. Do you think we could start over? Maybe be friends?"

"I guess but in future don't worry about trying to get everybody to like you by seeking attention. People will like you for you."

"I know that now." She chuckles. "So do you think we can be friends?"

"Sure."

"Do you wanna go dance together?"

I smile and nod as we make our way to the floor.

Paris put on some music and the two of us just started to groove and mess around.

As soon as thee chorus of the song began, the two of us started to dance properly, copying each other's movements and soon enough we were doing a full improv routine. I didn't think I'd be having fun but I was wrong.

The song finished and Paris and I laughed while laying on the floor to take a break.

"Wanna do it again?"

"Yep."

I chose the song this time and just like before we started to copy each other's movements and we were just feeling the music.