8. Sickness and Punishment Pt. 2

Boom! The awkward silence was back. I was looking down at my hands and playing with my fingers probably because it was awkward and I was nervous and I play with my hands and fingers when I'm nervous. I could feel Elliot staring at me so I looked up and I was right he was staring at me but it wasn't like a creepy stare, it was like he was admiring something about me. What I have no idea but it felt like that.

I did the same and we just sat there, until he leaned in closer (as did I) and our faces were just inches apart...
****************

I could just see it happening. I was about to kiss Elliot. That was until... Blake came in and the two of us separated from each other and tried to pretend like nothing was just about to happen.

"Am I interrupting something here?" Blake asked, looking curiously at us.

"No. Nope. Nothing. Nothing at all. Elliot and I were just discussing a few things about our dance and he explained to me what happened. Nothing else happened." I explained, with no hesitation...

I said 'tried' to pretend nothing happened and make it no less awkward than it already was, not 'did'...

"Right... Okay. Are you sure cause I can come back in like five minutes if you were in the middle of something..." He raised an eyebrow.

"No. Stay. What's happening?" I asked.

"Well, Alex wanted me to see if you were feeling okay so I came to check up on you. What I wasn't expecting to see was Mr. West still here after all this amount of time." He said, eyeing Elliot in the process.

"Sorry. I wasn't gonna leave when she literally fainted in front of me. I wanted to make sure nothing happened and she was okay! Is there a crime for that?" He said.

You know, it was nice and weird hearing all of this come out of Elliot's mouth because he doesn't strike me as the person to be caring and sentimental on people. It was a nice feeling but I was feeling a little hurt that we had a moment and it was ruined because of Blake entering. I mean yeah sure, I've never kissed anyone before so I wouldn't have known any better but it was a moment and I'm pretty sure by the look on Elliot's face just before it, he wanted to kiss me just as much as I wanted to kiss him.

"Okay, okay calm down." Blake said.

"Sorry."

"Well, now that I see miss Evans is doing fine, can the two of you please return back to earth and come and join the other dancers back at the studio? You can have a break, but after that you both need to try fixing your duet again... Hopefully this time without fainting." He looked at me saying those last few words.

I gave him a 'oops I'm sorry' look.

We all walked back into the studio and I felt a bit lightheaded but not too much. Blake left Elliot and I to finish what we were doing on our duet before, you know, the stumble earlier. We sat down on a seat that was off to the side of the room and it was back to silence and not the comfortable or pleasing kind. The awkward kind. And I mean more awkward now that the two of us almost, you know, kissed...

"So..." Elliot said.

"So..." I repeated.

"Should we...?" He asked.

"Yeah..." I answered without hesitation.

We both stood up and for the rest of the rehearsal it was quiet while the two of us just finished choreographing and polishing. The lift, well, we didn't really attempt that again just in case I was still a bit 'unstable'.

It was 5:30 and I had to be home straight away. I guess Elliot and I went over time a bit cause I was supposed to be home half an hour ago. I said goodbye to Elliot and rushed home.

When I got there, my parents were sitting in the living room along with Damon, who looked like he was in serious trouble. As did I by the way they were all looking at me.

"Brooklyn Nicola Evans! Where have you been all day? We were worried sick about you and I almost called the police!" My mother screamed.

"Mum, I was at dance. Don't worry so much." I answered.

"Don't worry too much? I told you to stay home today because you were sick and I left your brother to look after you, which obviously he didn't do." She turned to Damon who gave her a guilty look.

"Mum, I'm fine. Don't blame Damon. He was looking after me but I snuck out so I could go to dance because I wanted to and I've never missed a day of dance in my life. Can't you understand that?" I started to feel upset.

"No i can't understand that because it was just one day that wasn't going to kill you." She yelled.

"Are you serious? I had a priority to do there and someone important was waiting for me so we could get the job done. That's something that I couldn't miss and it might've killed me."

Okay, so I may have slightly exaggerated there a bit but it's true. Elliot needed me today and I wasn't going to let him down.

"Well, it won't be happening again because the next time you do something like this, you're grounded. Now, get upstairs and don't come out of your room." She ordered.

"But-"

"No. No but's. Your father and I have already discussed your's and Damon's punishments. You are not to leave this house unless you're going to dance and you have to be home by exactly five-fifteen every afternoon. And you and your brother have to do two weeks worth of your chores without complaints."

"What?!" Damon and I both questioned.

"That's right." She answered.

"Dad!" Damon asked.

"I'm sorry but your mother and I have already made the decision." He replied, not looking sympathetic or anything at all.

"This is so unfair." I said.

"Well, maybe next time you'll re-think your actions and do what you are told. Now go to your rooms and don't come down until dinner." Mum ordered both Damon and I.

I started to feel tears in my eyes, so I picked up my dance bag and ran upstairs... I didn't come back downstairs at all that night, not even when dinner was ready. I don't think Damon came out of his room either, which doesn't surprise me but that isn't my point.
My point was that this never happens so I don't know why my mother is acting like this.
I've never been grounded in my life except for probably once when I was like seven or eight and I kind of set my brothers goldfish on fire. I don't even know how or why I did it but it just happened and that's the only time I've ever been grounded.

I basically just spent the whole night in my room and didn't come out. I fell asleep around 10:30 and woke up the next morning feeling a lot better than what I did yesterday.