08. The Monster and the Savior

[animal] = choose your favorite animal

"Every monster used to be a scared little lamb."

08. The Monster and the Savior

You sat with your legs crossed on top of the Hokage Rock, looking down at the Hidden Leaf Village. The sun wrapped its rays around you, filling you with hospitality. You weren't as close to the sky as you were on the mountain but the view was way better here, the clouds were whiter and the sky seemed wider.

You could see the academy just beneath the Hokage Rock. You could make out Ichiraku Ramen where you used to eat ramen with Naruto, you recognized Konoha's Hospital and you could even spot the tip of your apartment complex.

The villagers appeared like tiny ants as they traveled to and fro about their daily life. Shinobis jumped from roof top to roof top on their way to missions. Children ran about screaming and playing in the streets. Everything was peaceful.

You stood up and stretched. You had finished your year of training in the mountains.

You were back.

Jumping down from the Hokage Rock and finding your way into the village, you take in the smell of delicious food selling on the street vendors. You spotted souvenir shops, weapon shops, and even shops that sold animal masks. You smiled, proceeding to buy one with the face of a [animal] when a loud voice hollered behind you.

"ANGEL FACE!" you instantly turned your head to your left, catching sight of the familiar brunette with red triangles on his cheeks. Sitting on his head was his fluffy white dog Akamaru.

"Kiba-butt," you said with surprise. He was adorning a black jacket and grey trousers, an outfit similar to his ninja apparel.

"Wow! You're actually alive. I thought the homeless man would have killed you by now," Kiba playfully teased you as Akamaru barked in agreement," where have you been all this time?! Everyone's been wondering when you'll return."

"I've been training in the mountains with the homeless man," you mumbled, rolling your eyes at him," but I finished my training so I came home."

"Home," Kiba's grin widened at the word," yes, Konoha is our home."

"What about you? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the chunin exams?" you inquired, glancing around, there were more Sand and Sound ninjas in the village than usual," I tried to make it back to the village as fast as I could to watch the tournament."

"Oh that?!" Kiba blushed and scratched the back of his head nervously," I got my ass kicked by Naruto during the second exam. The tournament doesn't start in another week but we should definitely go watch Naruto."

You exploded into a fit of laughter, earning a glare from Kiba," I wish I was there to see your ass get kicked! I can't believe I broke our pinky promise."

"I'm glad it was broken," Kiba muttered shamefully as Akamaru whined," I don't want you to see me lose."

"I'm kidding," you said between giggles," I would have cheered for you and Naruto."

"You should only cheer for one person."

You shrugged your shoulders coolly and reminded him," you're both my friends."

Kiba doesn't argue with the statement. He has grown to become a fan of Naruto after losing his battle to the fox boy. All his life Kiba thought Naruto was all talk and no walk. But now, Kiba knew Naruto was capable of much more,"he was amazing. You should have seen him. Naruto has came so far."