Chapter 15 - The Truth !

Start from the beginning

I don't understand ! What is this ? Why there is two cars ? Why there is police reports ?? Who is this Ashton ?

"Sorry for taking so long " Caleb's voice jerked me out of my thoughts , i turned my back to face him ,"kath..." His eyes went from me to the file i am holding, his eyes widened , meaning he didn't want to see this which makes me more suspicious now !

"What is this ?" I asked pointing at the file.

"What is this Caleb ?? Why there is pictures of the accident, why there is two cars ? Why there is police reports? What is this i don't understand , why you have these things ?"
No answer !

"Caleb answer me , Dammit !" I said shoving the file into his chest.

"You weren't supposed to know about this." He said looking away and i cant understand the kind of emotions his eyes held.

"Know about what ?" I asked confused.

No answer ! He kept avoiding looking at me , clenching his jaw and holding the file as hard as he can.

"What the hell i wasn't supposed to know about ? "

"For god's sake Caleb ! Answer me " I fed up with him not answering me and that was making me more nervous and afraid , afraid to know what the hell was so important that he hided from me.

Still no answer ! I cant handle anymore.

"Answer me !! What are you hiding ? What the hell happened ?" I shouted holding him from his collar tightly , I was going crazy i know, but after everything i went through i don't give a damn anymore!

Finally he looked at me "It wasn't an accident Katherine..."  Then he looked away ".. It was a planned murder !"

When my brain processed the words he said , my stomach twisted so hard , i felt the blood rushing into my head, my vision was blurry maybe from tears or from the spinning in my head , and my knees felt so numb , and if i wasn't holding into Caleb i would've fall already. I loosened my grip on Caleb's collar.

Caleb squeezed my arm softly "Come sit , i'll explain everything" he said leading me toward the chair, i was still shocked , still trying to process what he said "it wasn't an accident", which mean Chase was killed , just thinking about it made my heart clench ,my body shake and my breath hitch.

Caleb sat in front of me , his hands still holding mine tightly as if he was afraid i may run away.

He opened the file removing the picture of the man i've seen earlier " This is him" he said looking at the picture , and i can see the hate his eyes held "Ashton Ryder , the man behind Chase's death".

My eyes widened , my body was still shaking , i stared at the picture for a long time  "Why?" I managed to ask with my trembling voice still trying to process everything he said . I wanted to know why would anyone hurt Chase ! He had never hurt anyone in his life.

"Before Chase's death we had a deal with" R&S company Inc." and ashton is the CEO of the company , the deal was going so well until we discovered that he was working behind our back , and then he suggested an illegal deal but Chase didn't accept it at all and after that he felt that Ashton cant be trusted in our company , and working with him is dangerous ,so he ended the deal , but Ashton didn't give up , because ending the deal would alter his company in many ways , but Chase was insisted on his idea , so Ashton threatened us , that we and the company will pay hard for this." He paused for a moment.