Chapter 11

Samantha's POV:

The rest of summer was great, but now school was starting back up. Wonderful. You can shoot me now.

On the first day I took the twins to school as usual, we're starting junior year.

School was boring, like it always is on the first day. A whole lot of the teacher just talking. At least I have a lot of classes with the twins.

I hang out with Ethan after school, at least we don't have homework. I already can't wait for the weekend.

*A couple of weeks later*

School is now in full swing, it's the beginning of September.

The football season just started so we're all really excited about that. I love watching Ethan play, he's really good. I love football too.

I watch every practice and then go hang out with Ethan and I go to every game. I love supporting the twins.

-----

It's Friday and sadly the twins game was cancelled because something went wrong with the other team. I go to sit with them at lunch.

I put my lunch tray down between Ethan and Grayson and peck Ethan's temple before sitting down.

"Hey babe," he says casually, turning to face me.

I get some glares from random girls in the cafeteria.

"Hey Grayson could we work on that social studies project a little after school today?" I ask Grayson and he looks to me and smiles.

"Yeah sure! Oh and by the way I don't need a ride home from school today I'm going with a friend but I'll meet you at our house." He explains and I nod and smile back.

"Okay sounds good," I say before turning back to Ethan. He seems really distant and timid today... He's acting weird. It's almost like he has something to hide but u know he doesn't. I trust that he doesn't. Our relationship has been great, no fights and I still love him just as much.

The lunch bell rings and Grayson and I hop up. I have my last few classes with him so we say bye to Ethan and go our separate ways.

Ethan's POV:

I feel like I'm standing in a tight rope, like I'm about to fall at any moment. Samantha can't find out. I still want a relationship with her. But she has to find out or else she could get hurt... I have to do this.

-----

The final bell rang and I went to where I was supposed to meet her. This had to be as quick as possible, Sam can't suspect anything.

Samantha's POV:

I leave my last class, waving goodbye to Grayson and Ethan isn't waiting outside my classroom. That's really weird because he's always here without fail.

I don't stress over it and walk to my car, I guess he'll meet me here. He's probably just talking to a teacher or using the bathroom or something.

I wait a few minutes and then text him.

Me: Hey babe, I'm at the car just meet me here. 😊

No response.

It's fine Sam just wait a second he'll be here.

-----

Ten minutes pass and the school is basically empty and Ethan still isn't here.

"Ugh where are you Ethan," I say to myself climbing out of the car.