Why?

Grayson's POV:

Ethan and Samantha left and I was left in shock at everything that just happened, everything Ethan said. What did Brianna do? 

I yelled at her for a little while and gave up when she wouldn't respond.

"Leave." She stayed put in the chair.

"LEAVE!" I shouted pointing to the door and she flinched. She got up with no expression on her face. She walked out of the house slowly, walking in a straight line without stopping or looking anywhere a single time. I didn't know what to do, so I just stood at the kitchen counter for a while, trying to process everything. I wanted to go talk the Sam and Ethan, to know what happened and to apologize. I knew Ethan wouldn't talk to me even though Sam might so I didn't try.

I decided to walk to the park to try and take my kind off of things. I grabbed my phone just in case Sam called or texted me. No matter how mad Ethan or Sam was mad at me, Sam would always try and communicate. I guess she just forgave a lot easier.

I was walking in the empty park, slowly dragging myself step by step. I was so depressed. I needed someone... Anyone.

The park was really big and there was a playground in the middle of it. I was walking on the big grassy field around the playground when I noticed someone alone on a swing. The same swing set where Sophia broke my heart a couple of months ago. Even looking at that swing set was hard for me.

The girl was so far away all I could see was her long blonde hair the outline of her body.
Something was so familiar...

I continued walking closer and closer to see who she was. I don't know why I did.

Then she turned and I saw who I was. She continued turning toward me like she sensed me there. I prayed she wouldn't see me. Please please please please don't let her see me.

I couldn't turn away now because it was too late. She saw me.

"Grayson?" She said really softly, somewhat in shock.
It was Sophia. We hadn't talked for at least six months and I felt really bad about that. I knew this would be an awkward moment with her but I couldn't just leave. I walked over, smiling awkwardly and shifting my gaze all over the place. As I approached her, I realized she had been crying. Her eyes were red and puffy and tear marks stained her cheeks. I ran over.

"Sophia what happened?" She covered her face with her hands and hunched over. I still cared about her, I still had feelings. She cried. That was so rare for her. She could fake a smile and stop crying just as quickly as I could blink. She never cried in front of me. This must have been serious.

"Sophia? Sophia what's wrong?!" I pleaded frantically not knowing how to deal with her crying. I wanted to help but I didn't know how.

"Nothing- it's nothing." She stood up and started walking away. I followed. Why did she have to bottle up all her feelings? I wanted to help her...

"Sophia you have to tell me-" she cut me off.

"Grayson I can't! I can't tell you!" She quickly spun around to face me, raising her voice through the tears.

"Sophia you can-" she cut me off again.

"No I can't!" She yelled back. What was going on? Then she turned again and started walking.

"Why?" I asked, a little hurt. So much was going on right now. She spun around again faster than before and blurted something out.