twenty six

the air was bitter and cold and the sun was shining directly in my eyes.
i sleepily sat up and reminisced about the night before.
i dragged my feet across the porch to the front door where i knocked. Tracey came only a few moments later wearing her nightgown with a cup of coffee in her hands.
"Good morning Sam!"  she smiled and looked over my shoulder trying to find her son.
"Where's Joe?" she asked confused
"i was hoping you would know." 
she looked concerned but at the same time let me in. she sat me on the sofa and made me tell everything that happened.
"I don't see why he would do that, I know he was drunk but still, he loves you so much, Sam." Tracey remarked as she looked down at her coffee.
just then the front door opened and in walked Joe, who looked devastated.
"Sam." he looked at me. his shoulders slouched and his facial feature dropped into a long, sad face.
he rushed over to the couch and pulled me in his arm.
i put my hands on his chest and pushed him away.
he looked at me when i moved further away from him. he look as though he was a little boy and his dog just died. he couldn't believe it.
happiness was as non-tangible with him as the moon.
"Sam?" he said again this time you could hear the lump of screams and cries pushed back in his throat coming up.
"What Joe. What can you possibly want?"
"Sam, i swear, she kissed me, it lasted a second and that second didn't mean anything."
he looked at me once again, this time i noticed the tears lining his eyes.
"can we take this to my room please?"
Joe asked, as he didn't want his mom to see him cry.
i agreed and we walked up the stairs without saying a word or sharing a look.
we get to his room and he quietly closes the door behind me.

"Samantha Taylor." he pauses as he lets a tear stream down his face.
"without you i am literally nothing. i am so utterly in love with you and you only. i am so sorry for last night, for you don't deserve any pain and i know that i put you through some. please Sam, i need you. you and only you make my cold heart feel something extraordinary."

"fine Joe just, please never do that to me again."
"never, i'm so sorry that you cried yourself to sleep without me next to you. i'll never leave your side again, we are forever, i promise."
i bury my head into his warm chest and listen to his steady heart beat. we spend the day in bed talking and planning our trip to Brazil.

A/N
Yikes this is like the shortest update ever.
omg hi guys
It's  been awhile...
I'm sooo sorry i've been away i'm super busy with school but i'm going to try to spend weekends and any extra time I have in the week to write.
also, thank you all so much for 2k reads, that's unbelievable, you're support is amazing and I love y'all so much.

Oh and look who's starting this again...
*update every tuesday and friday*
;)