twenty four

{4 months later}

i stretched and pushed Joe off of me.
i pulled the covers over top of my head to block out the light.

it was the middle of may, Zoe has just recently moved back in with us, Graham has stopped drinking, Joe and i have been going to school in the morning, then coming back for the afternoon for online courses.
everything was great, except sometimes at night, when you really had no control about what you're mind does, but Joe is always there through thick and thin.

i talk to Rachel and my parents almost every night, although we are far away we are still close in heart.

i hear a grunt next to me.
"ugh, Sam what time is it?" Joe's voice was raspy
i squint my eyes and grab my phone.
"7:15"
"30 more minutes"
Joe sunk his head deeper into the pillow.
"Joe, school starts at 8."
"we'll drive today,  just sleep babe."

it feels as though i closed my eyes for a minute, my alarm was going off.

Joe rolled over and fell out of his bed
"smooth, very smooth."
Joe stood up and started getting dressed, just like any normal morning. Joe went in to the bathroom so i sat on his bed on my phone.

Zoe laughed outrageously loud from down the hallway, so i went to see what she was doing.

i knocked on her door slightly before opening it, her laptop was on her legs and she was smiling at her screen.

"is everything okay?"
i giggled a bit
"oh hey Sam! yeah everything is fine!"
"who are you talking too?"

Zoe flipped her computer around showing me a boy, with brown hair, distinctive eyebrows, and brown eyes.

"hey, i'm Sam."
i waved awkwardly from the doorway

"Hi, the names Alfie, don't wear it out."
Alfie cackled loud,  actually scaring me.
i smiled sweetly at Zoe then came back to Joe's room.

we then went to school for a full day today, we were finished all of our exams, so we really just spend all day on our phones, which was good so Joe and i could text each other when we didn't have the same classes. we were graduating in a week and i couldn't be happier with how everything turned out at the end of school.
i couldn't help but imagine what life would be if i didn't talk to Joe at school, and decided to stay with my other friends, or if we didn't bump into each other that one night at the edge, which we soon turned into a tradition or, as horrible as it sounds, if Matt and Chelsea were still alive.

after school Joe and i went out to see a movie.
"so what's it going to be?" Joe asked
"hmmmm"
"what about sinister?"
"sinister? really Sam? that's lame."
"you're just scared."
"i am not."
"you are so!"
"am not!"
"then let's see it."
i smirked at Joe, leaving him no option but to watch sinister, this isn't the first time i asked him either
i've been begging him to see it since it came out.

although Joe and i have a lot of similarities, we also have differences.
one being he is a total wimp when it comes to horror movies, not so much at home, where he is in the comfort of his own house, but in the theatre where he can't hit a pause button.

Joe tried to look like he wasn't scared and i thought it was absolutely hilarious, so i was trying not to laugh, Joe would notice and smile and me put on a brave face, but he was fooling absolutely nobody. he did pretty good, despite jumpscares and scenes leading up to jump scares.

we got home and went into his bedroom. it was friday so we could stay up late and watch a movie on his laptop.

he checked his email first and one of our friends emailed him.

"Sam, wanna go to a graduation party?"
"uhm sure, who's house?"
"Paige's"
"oh wow i haven't talked to her since grade 8."
i chuckled a bit
"yeah sure why not."

the rest of the night consisted of watching movies and eating ice cream.

A/N
there will be a few more time skips to get the story going faster because i feel like it's dragging on. but yeah, :)
bye