seven

the next day i heard 4 loud knocks at my front door, i got up to answer, it was Joe.
he was at my door at 7:00am, school started at 8, i so was confused.

"Joe, what are you doing here?"
"We're going to Mcdonalds for breakfast."
"oh okay, well i have to get dressed, so come in."
i invited him into my house, he sat down on the couch and went on his phone, i ran upstairs and put on black leggings, a grey t-shirt and a flannel.
i also put on long wool socks and boots with a partial heel. i ran down the stairs into the living room.
Joe looked up from his phone
"you look beautiful... as always."
i blushed, tried to hide it, but miserably failed. he laughed and pulled me into a hug.
"let's go!"

we walk outside and i notice that Joe's dad truck is out front.
"my dad doesn't feel well today, so he's not at work."

Joe's father is a roof thatcher, something that Joe wanted to be when he was older by following his fathers foot steps.
"we have the truck today, so if you want to go to like the mall after school we could if you wanted."
"yeah, sounds great." i smiled back

i hopped in the passengers side of Joe's dad's grey 2013 ford f150
"don't mind the hay."
he gestured towards my feet, there was a bunch of stray hay pieces by my feet.

we got to Mcdonads
Joe got a cheeseburger, and i thought it was funny, considering it was 7:30 in the morning, he also got a strong coffee. i got a bacon egg mcmuffin and an orange juice.
"hey Sam!" Joe said, kind of chuckling
"mmm" i said through my mcmuffin.

"this might sound cheesy."
he pointed to the cheese in his burger
"please don't mcgiggle, but i think i've mcfallen in love with you."
Joe was so proud of what he just said.
i looked at him for a moment with the look on my face of  slight confusion and
'are you serious' i looked at his face again, he was grinning ear to ear, he thought he was so clever, which made me laugh, as i chuckled with the orange juice straw it my mouth, the juice came out of my nose, Joe bursted in laughter, followed by me, i could hardly feel my stomach, i felt so happy, anyone walking past us in the parking lot would probably think we are crazy.
we laughed continuously for at least 5 minutes.
at one point, there weren't any sounds, our mouths were just open and we were trying to catch our breaths.
i was so overwhelmed with joy, i was so happy that Joe was happy again. it's only been a day but i missed him being, him.

we pull up at the school parking lot,
"what do you have today?" Joe asks, wanting to see if our schedules match at all
"gym
french
science
lunch, and then social studies i think... but i have 2 free periods at the end of the day from 5th period to the end."

"yes! we have gym and social studies together, i have a free 6th period so just like hangout in the truck for an hour
------------------------------
in gym, Joe is usually really athletic, and runs the whole 10 minutes we have to run for warm up, today he was slow, stopping for breaths every now and then, he was returning to his normal self, he just wasn't there yet.
gym was over pretty fast, the morning also flew by then the lunch bell rang,
i run to Joe's locker, Brandon and Chase are really close to him, and saying things i can't hear.

"piss off, haven't you got anything better to do?"
i said, they just looked at me, laughed and walked away.

Joe and i went outside, and then into the truck of his dad's car,
"i've had a tiring morning Sam, i'm sorry but i'm gonna sleep."
Joe said with a muffled speech due to his head under his arms.
"i will too."
i set my alarm and laid down next to him.
QUACK QUACK
my alarm went off
"what? what kind of alarm is that?" Joe asked tiredly laughing.
"i don't know.... a duck?" i giggled

i hopped out of the truck, followed by Joe, he put his arm around my waist and held me close as we walked through the halls, i felt really safe with Joe.
in social studies we were given a partner project that was worth 20% of our grade which was due in one month.
"partners?" 
"totally."
we smiled at each other.

5th period Joe had art.
"can i have your car keys? i'm going to wait in your car until you're done this period."
"yup." he dug in his pocket "here."

i kissed him on the cheek and went to his truck, i got into the passenger seat and pulled out my social studies sheet and a high-lighter. i feel my eyes start to get heavy, so i lean against the window and begin to fall asleep.

what feels like 3 seconds later, i hear a loud knocking on the window behind me.
i grab the keys to unlock the door for Joe, but i look behind me out of the back window and Joe isn't there, it's Chase and Brandon laughing.
"shit."
i said quietly to myself, then i thought, what if they deflated a tire... or drew on the car.
Joe's dad seems like an understanding guy, and probably won't get mad, but i don't want Joe to have that weight on his shoulders.

i look up at them in confusion and anger. then, Brandon does a motion of a knife slitting a throat and then pointed at me, my eyes opened wide and i gulped, Chase gave me the middle finger, then they both ran off.

"what. the. hell."
i said to myself quietly. i wait until i can't see them anymore to jump out of the truck and look around.
the tires are fine, and there isn't any graffiti so what were they going on about?
i hopped back in the truck and anxiously waited for Joe.

A/N
yay this chapter is pretty long, and kind of happy!
i have so many surprises for this book now!
ahhhh i'm so excited to read your reactions!!
sooo yeah
bye
side note... apparently you can't get cheeseburgers that early in the morning... I didn't know :')

*updates every tuesday and friday*