twenty two

once we got home, Joe showed me a video he had just filmed with Zoe, who was now staying home rather than uncle Gary's more frequently. they named the video 'The Sibling Test' Joe was an absolute idiot the whole time and laughed at everything. i found it hilarious so i started to laugh, Joe looked proud that his stupidity made me smile.
he also told me about how his uncle Gary told him about thatching roofs and taught him a few tricks, he even took Joe up on a roof to help. he will get him a job in the near future.
Joe seemed really into it, and i'm almost certain he will take his uncles offer for a thatching apprenticeship.
--------------------------------------

i returned to school once the weekend was over, for my second last week, everyone was nice, some people that i used to hangout with in middle school started to hangout with me and Joe at lunch and talk.

my dad let me go to Joe's every night and sleep there, as i won't get to soon.
we started taking the public bus
everyday because it gave us more freedom so we could go places after school.
Joe wanted to do something that i'll remember, so he decided, every night, right after school we would go to the pizza parlour on the corner and get a pizza, then go back to his house and watch horror movies.

time flew by, everyday with the exact same routine, though it was the same everyday, i cherished it, i didn't want to leave.

it was roughly 7pm on Sunday, 2 days before i leave to go to Australia. Joe
came over to my house and helped me pack my whole room into boxes.

the more i thought about it, the more i cried. i cried myself to sleep every night for the passed week in Joe's arms, i never wanted to leave. i packed my boxes into the car, as i won't really be sleeping in my room before we go, so there wasn't much of a point of keeping my boxes inside. i went to Joe's at around 8 and at 9, my dad called me.
"Come home quickly"
i told Joe, then left his house running home.

i walked inside and heard an all too familiar voice.
"mom?"
i begin to feel tears in my eyes.
"Samatha."
she pulled me into a tight hug
"I'm so sorry! please forgive me mom, i've really screwed up, i'll make it up to you."
"yeah mom, it's fine, are you coming to Melbourne?"
"Yeah, my flight is actually tonight, in 5 hours I just wanted to say goodbye."
my mom smiled.
we talked for a little bit, until Joe came to the door.
"can i take Sam out please?"
"Of course, son" my dad smiles.
he comes in and greets my parents.

after we leave and we sit in his dad's truck, for what may be the last time.
we drive to the movie theatre.
Joe talks the whole time, he was trying to make me happy, make me forget tomorrow was the last day i would be spending with him.

we got to the movie theatre and Joe bought us tickets for bridesmaids and a huge popcorn.
we got in the movie and sat right in the middle of the theatre.
i put my head on Joe's shoulder and hold his hand.
the movie was really funny and Joe and i laughed a lot.
after, we went on a car drive, just around Wiltshire.
"so, what are you doing once you get there?"
"well apparently, since it's too late to join in the school year, i'm taking online school and my dad bought a house two blocks from Rachel's house which is good, but i really don't want to go."
"yeah, i don't want you to go either.."
"Joe?"
i look over too him, he turns his head very quickly to look at me before he turns his head back to the road.
"yes?"
"was this the surprise."
Joe sneakily smiled
"i'm afraid not."
we drove around a little more, talking about anything and everything.

when we got back to Joe's, it was really late, around midnight,
so we had to be quiet.
Joe and i quickly went to the kitchen to get water.
he turned on his phones flashlight to see, and freaked out and almost spelled his water because he thought the shadow of his stair banister was a person.
"aahhh jesus christ!"
"shhhh Joe you idiot!

we held in our laughter until we got to his room, once we got there, we were laughing so much we were crying.
after the whole laughing fit, i went to Joe's wardrobe to get the pyjamas i usually wear.
"Sam! no! your pyjamas are here."
i was quite suspicious, what is he hiding?
"oh okay.." i walked over to his smaller dresser and changed into my pyjamas.
once we got into bed. we watched the season finale of season 2 of the walking dead, even though i already watched it on the plane. Joe's alarm went off, at 1:45, i looked at him kind of confused.
he got out of bed and threw me a pair of his grey sweats and a sweater.
"first of all, you are going to keep the pants and the sweater, second of all come with me." Joe smiled.
we quietly walk down the stairs and out the door, i knew what we were doing.

we walked through west field park.
silent, trying to listen to the echoes of our memories.

Joe hops the fence first, then me.
he then takes my hand, we turn the corner, there is a blanket, candles and a bucket with champagne with glasses.
Joe lights the candles and pulls out a glass.
"woah Joe this is beautiful."
"anything for you."
i sat down, and Joe popped the champagne. he poured us glasses. he raised his glass.
"to us?"
"to us."
we just sat there and talked about our memories, Joe seemed really happy.
"Joe? is this my surprise?"
"you would be shocked to hear, that no, it is not."

we left about an hour and a half later, once we got home we fell asleep really fast. this was the last night i would feel Joe's touch, or be in his grip,
always feel save in Joe's grip and i wish i could stay in it forever.

----------------------------------------------
in the morning, i realized immediately that today was my last day with Joe. as my flight will leave at 2am tonight.
i finished packing the other day, so i didn't have to worry about last minute packing.

the whole day, Joe and i stayed inside and just cuddled, i cried most of the day.
we watched elf for the last time together. we also decided that elf was our movie, and that next time we see each other, we will watch it, and when we miss each other the most, we will watch it.
Graham and Tracey said goodbye to me at 10pm as they were going to a friends house.
Tracey cried a lot, Graham stayed neutral. Zoe called me into her room, she painted my nails light blue.
"Sam, i just wanted to say"
she paused
"thank you for keeping my brother alive."
she smiled.
i almost cried when she said that.

at 10:30 Joe and i went back to my old house and said goodbye to it, and all the positive and negative memories.
"we have to be out of here by 11!" my dad shouted. Joe pulled out his phone. "10:52, come to my place quickly."
we walked to Joe's place and went to his room.
i started crying, i felt so helpless, although he was right in front of me right now, i knew he wouldn't be soon. i just felt as though this was our last goodbye.
Joe engulfed me in a huge hug, he wasn't crying though, maybe he doesn't love me as much as i thought he did, my inner self sneered, i can't be this selfish, not right now, maybe he just doesn't want to make me cry more.

"i know you already have a lot of my clothes, but please go into my wardrobe and take a jumper, so you'll always remember me."
i walked towards his wardrobe, once i reached it i turned around making sure that it was okay, since yesterday he told me not too, he nodded and i opened it.
i automatically noticed that his wardrobe was split in half, half of his clothes, and half of mine..

"Joe?"
i turned around and looked at him confused.

"surprise! you're not moving! you're staying with me!" Joe smiled ear to ear.

A/N
oh damn everything just took a turn!
this chapter actually took me a really long time to write, lol not sure why...
but as i said previously i might be putting out a new story soon, so let me know if you want it..
byee! :)