sixteen

flights
3|13|16
word count: 871

"bye guys. love you all, i'll call when i get off the plane and when i get to the house!" i shouted to my family (which included my brother's fiancé, andrea, kian, jc, and ricky).

troye took my hand as we walked towards security, which was literally three feet in front of us. considering that not many people are flying to australia from minnesota—not today at least—the line was rather short, only a few elderly and newlywed couples in front of us.

"welcome to southwest airlines, my name is dan and this is my friend phil. we'll be helping you with your flight things," a tall man with chocolate eyes said awkwardly. his friend, phil, was equal in height and waved politely to us.

troye, the definite extrovert of me and him, calmly handed phil his passport, and dan mine. "i'm troye me—"

"troye mellet and connor franta, we know. big fans," phil said with a grin at his lips.

between coughs, dan mumbled, "otp."

"thanks, you two are cute together to...phan," i smirked. the boys looked at us with bright eyes, wondering how the heck i knew they were dating. "gaydar," i shrugged.

we all laughed as we continued to check out and put our suitcases on the 'magical suitcase conveyer belt', as phil described it.

-

i am honestly the worst at flying at very high heights. being a big traveler, this was a major problem. i always end up crying on someone's lap or in the bathroom, puking my brains out.

and this flight was no different.

i spent the take off holding onto troye and a pretty girl that was my age and sat to my left, who's name was lia johnson. i clung to them, holding onto dear life as the plane lifted off the ground. OFF OF THE ACTUAL GROUND.

"you scared, con?" troye giggled, placing a kiss on my cheek. my cheeks turned color as i could feel various elderly couples eyes on me and him. lia tried to hide her laughter at the way i blushed when troye kissed me.

i looked up to meet troye's eyes, "terrified." i pulled out my phone and scrolled through my dash on tumblr, various pictures of me and troye appearing on the screen. there was even a update account on everything me and him did. "we're on a plane, going to australia. according to tumblr," i said and showed troye my screen of a collage of us in the airport.

"y'all famous or somethin'?" lia laughed as she glanced at my phone. "i've heard your song...um. wild, is it? taylor swift tweeted you." she pointed a finger to troye, trying to remember if this was the right person.

"mhm, that me. what's in perth that you're flying across the world for?" troye smiled at the girl.

lia was very pretty, as anyone could effortless see. she had blonde hair and dark eyes, her makeup was very nicely done. she was so kind and sweet, very smart, too.

lia smiled softly, "vacation...my mother got me this free fight so here i am." she patted my knee companionably. "you guys heading there for any reason?"

"i'm meeting his family. he's my, um, boyfriend. tro missed his family, too, so a few reasons. yeah," i said, lying my head on troye's shoulder and dozing off.

-

"does he have a sign?!" i exclaimed as we skipped, hand in hand, down the hallway to get out baggage.

troye laughed, pulling me to the side of the conveyer belt where the suitcase would dismount the plane. "yeah, steele usually does."

we found our bags easily, both having black suitcases with various stickers and tags on them. troye took my hand and guided me out to where his older brother would be picking us up.

i scanned the room for steele, knowing what he looked like from videos. "troye!" i pointed to steele, who was in the back corner on his phone. he held a sign that read 'connor franta and troye mellet♡'

troye held up a single finger to his lips, signaling to be quiet. he began to tiptoe towards his brother, motioning for me to follow.

i held up my fingers, counting when to jump and scare steele. one. two. three.

"BOO!" me and troye screamed, causing steele to drop his phone and jump.

"very funny," steele said sarcastically. "hi, i'm steele. you must be connor, the boy who my brother f**ked.

a/n: it's very short, i'm aware. it's just a little filler i was writing over the weekend.

so i was playing kendall and kylie's game (i have a slight obsession with it) and i was also writing this while doing so. i took a break from writing and began to play. then came back after using all of my energy and looked at the word count: 666.
literally fell off the couch and started to cry.

okay i have a new book coming out on april 2nd (ONE DAY AFTER lovetronler 'S NEW TRILOGY 'TRANSGENDER' COMES OUT IM SO EXCITWD UGH GO READ). it's called 'Angel' and i love it, introduction is up.

bye guys!

rylee

♥︎