After what could've been hours for all Julia could tell, Damien said, "Come on I need a break let's find somewhere a little more quiet and a lot less crowded to sit."

She was drenched in sweat and her breathing was a little heavy yet she was having too much fun and didn't want to leave. "I still want to dance. I'm so not ready to stop. But I'd like another one of those green and orange drinks?" she replied somewhat out of breath.

"Here you go my dear, you'll love this drink." a man said in a sultry voice like liquid velvet, before Damien could answer, handing Julia a purple drink with silver balls that sparkled like tiny stars.

Julia looked at Damien and then back at the man. He was very tall with wavy shoulder length sandy blond hair. His face was young yet it had an age to it, with its razor sharp angles and high cheekbones that gave it a steely sexiness.

Julia couldn't help but rake him over with her eyes. He was dressed as a very sexy pirate. His top was unbuttoned down to just above his navel; showing off his rippling abs. The black leather trousers were figure hugging showcasing his muscular legs. She suppressed the grin that wanted to spread across her face as she admired yet another fine male body. When she could tear her eyes away from his body and looked into his brown irises that had a coldness to them, she felt a prickle down her spine.

Damien looked somewhat annoyed over her blatant ogling and grabbed the drink from Mormo. "Julia, let me introduce you to Mormo Shadowmist," then handed her the drink.

Hearing his clipped tone snapped her back to reality. She looked back at Damien and graciously took the drink. "Nice to finally meet you, Mr Shadowmist," Julia said making sure she didn't stare at his body.

Mormo took a deep bow and on his way up he gave her a wicked smirk. "The pleasure is all mine," his eyebrow shot up suggestively, "and please call me Mormo." When he looked at Damien, his expression cooled. "Surely you can let this beautiful princess dance a little more, Damien."

The purple drink was divine, coating the world around her in a warm and fuzzy blanket as she drank it. Her mind slowed and her body started swaying to the bass line, getting lost in the music. Each silver ball exploded on her tongue and sent a pulse of pleasure through her body. Julia could feel her senses fading and her baser impulses taking over. It was the best feeling she'd ever experienced; almost on a par with the red juice that Damien had been giving her.

"We should really take a break; I don't want to burn her out," Damien snapped.

"Damien, the night's still young. Let the girl dance." Mormo turned to Julia. His hungry eyes looked at her waiting for her to finish her drink. "There. Now you go and have fun and Damien will find you in a while." He took her empty glass, twirled her around a few times, smiling as she let out a glorious laugh. Then pointed into the crowd. "Look, that inugami has been staring at you since you arrived. Why don't you dance with him?"

Julia grinned. As her eyes locked onto the inugami nothing else mattered and she pranced off into the mob of sweaty bodies toward him.

An angry heat rose in Damien; clenching his jaw and fisting his hands as he watched Julia dance. "You shouldn't deviate from the plan," his words were sharp. "What happens when the drugs from that drink kick in?"

Mormo slapped him on the back hard. "Don't worry so much, boy. It will be at least a half hour before anything happens, until then enjoy yourself."

Damien's eyes narrowed, and he snarled. "I'll go make sure everything's ready in the study. Keep an eye on her until I get back."

Mormo waved a dismissive hand at him like he was an annoying bug. "Do what you like. But honestly, you should enjoy her while you can."

Damien shot him a murderous look. "What's that supposed to mean? I swear to the gods, if you are planning to harm her I will end you."

Daughter of Stars and Nightmares (The Eternal Bond Saga book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें